30+ days ago - req15394
Global Support Center DUV Engineer
In a nutshell
Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
The Customer Support (CS) DUV organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML DUV systems at customer sites and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Downtime or underperformance of these tools is very expensive for our customers. The Customer Support organization is responsible for repairing the systems as fast as possible, and to identify what improvements can be made to prevent a similar issue from occurring again. Local site Customer Support branches perform these tasks for the customer within the specific region. The Global Support Center DUV is responsible for providing technical support to the local Customer Support branches, in this way enabling our field partners to maximize ASML tool performance by expert diagnostics support.
The Global Support Center (GSC) DUV provides 24/7 support by covering 3x8 hours in 3 different continents with offices in the Netherlands, USA and Taiwan. Each continent covers all DUV customer sites worldwide during its 8 hours duty.
This vacancy is for a GSC DUV position in the Netherlands. The holder of this position reports to a Group Leader in the Global Support Center (GSC) DUV EUR department, provides one-stop remote diagnostic and escalation support to the CS Organization, and creates forward looking action plans to maintain and improve ASML DUV tool performance at customer locations.
A role as Global Support Center (GSC) DUV Engineer in the ASML Customer Support department consists of a diversity of tasks and responsibilities. The core tasks are solving complex technical problems by remote analysis of data and creating deterministic forward looking action plans is key for a GSC DUV Engineer. It is important to have good alignment on expectations with the local team and your other GSC colleagues worldwide within this problem solving process. Occasionally travel to provide on-site support may be required to solve the problem at the customer.
Next to solving a technical problem a GSC engineer is responsible to initiate the process to prevent the issue from happening again in the future, requiring close collaboration with the Competence Engineering and Development & Engineering departments.
The diversity of problems in a fast evolving company requires a continuous drive to stay updated and informed on new technologies, functionalities and products. Being eager to learn and absorb this knowledge are a prerequisite in GSC.
Sharing knowledge and expertise amongst colleagues within the GSC and with local engineers increases the efficiency of our customer service. Travelling on-site when new system types are introduced to customers or to mitigate temporary local skill gaps is an example of this.
This vacancy is a general vacancy for all competencies in GSC DUV. There are frequently job openings in each competency.
If you apply for this position you will be asked about your interest and capabilities in the different competencies:
- Metrology and Sensors
- Illumination/ Projection
- Flow and Temperature
- Wafer Stage/Wafer Handling (a.k.a. “Bottom” competency)
- Reticle Stage/Reticle Handling (a.k.a. “Top” competency)
Bachelor’s degree in technical science (Mechanical Engineer, Physics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Chemistry, Aerospace Engineering, Process technology, etc.) is required. Master’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
The following experience or knowledge is a benefit:
- Knowledge of ASML equipment on a specialized technical level
- Experience in managing cross competency escalations and customer communication
- Experience driving change as a positive change agent
- Experience with LEAN and continuous improvement processes
- Experience with photo lithographic equipment and processes
- MATLAB and Excel Macro software knowledge is preferred.
- “Get things done” mentality
- Pro-active attitude
- Demonstrate ownership & accountability
- Strong technical, analytical, and diagnostic skills
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements
- Communication skills (can relate well to others, both colleagues and customers)
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication in English (both oral and written)
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism
- Flexible in working hours, travel (up to 20%, regularly at short notice) and work environments
- Team player
- Ability to build and extend trust
- Ability to act in a leadership capacity within competency group
- Stress resistant
- Value cultural differences and respect sites for different cultures and ways of working
- Are you a team player who wants to be the linking pin between problems seen at high tech customers and the solution in a multicultural environment? Then join us in our international team of technical experts.
Please include CV and motivation letter for this role.