30+ days ago - req15400
Manufacturing Group Leader (Cleanroom Production Operations)
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other job categories
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
ASML is seeking an accomplished Production Group Leader to join the Manufacturing Group in Wilton, CT to support Cleanroom Production operations.This person will be responsible for ensuring output of production and processes and assure a smooth transfer to Test/ Certification / Integration Installation and Customer Support Processes.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry.ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
- Planning: Set up a detailed production schedule, within the constraints of the Manufacturing Plan and available resources. Ensure progress and output at minimal cost. Solve problems, provide recovery plans, and inform relevant parties on deviations.
- Output: Realize the planned output of all deliverables of Volume Production. Ensure the availability and usefulness of the means of production, in cooperation with Production Engineering.Ensure that the level of know how and the training of the team members is sufficient to be able to realize all plans.
- Introduction of new products: Acquire applicable know how / information on new products and new production methods / means of production, to support the production of ‘pilot’ / new products, prepare to assume the process on release for volume production.
- Support: Organize all supporting processes in order to be able to realize the deliverables in time, and to ensure a fast ramp up for volume and Customer Support.
- Quality: Ensure the quality of the output of Volume Production meet full product specifications: through effective production processes and sufficient know how/training.
Infrastructure: Ensure infrastructure to assure effective and efficient Volume Production tasks. Ensure the availability and proper use ofeffective production and qualification procedures and systems.
- Cooperation: Support cooperation throughout Production by: finding solutions and improving working concepts, giving input and feedback, and supporting the execution of all tasks and a good working environment.
- Management: Ensure adequate staffing of the team to support a productive working atmosphere in order to assure flexibility. Execute hiring and performance appraisals in concert with the Group Leader.Instruct team members, plan tasks, and set priorities. Ensure proper and timely execution of all tasks. Ensure proper execution of HRM, Safety, Quality, and ISO 9000/14000 policies and procedures.
- Lean Manufacturing:Ensure incorporation of Lean Manufacturing concepts in the day to day operations.Support and promote an environment that improves efficiency by using 5S techniques, Kaizen events, and Six Sigma concepts.Facilitate continuous improvement and waste reduction efforts.
- A fast paced manufacturing environment that requires leaders willing to embrace new concepts.
- He/She must work comfortably in a cellular manufacturing environment that utilizes Lean Manufacturing concepts and be able to coordinate with others for job accomplishment.
- Must provide an accurate shift status in writing daily.
- Higher Vocational Education in Technical Field, or equivalent experience.
- Bachelors preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of the MS Office Suite.
- Previous work within SAP is a plus.
- Know How of Production Management and Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement Techniques.
- Enterprising, flexible, analytical.
- Social skills to communicate at several levels, team builder, customer oriented.
- Must be capable of working in a clean room environment.
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability