20 days ago - req15493
Mechanical Supplier Quality Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
As a Supplier Quality Development Engineer within Development & Engineering you will be operating in a fast paced and multidisciplinary development environment.
The Supplier Quality engineer maintains and develops the relation with the suppliers with the purpose to create an optimal engineering collaboration between the suppliers and ASML. Using your personal skills, you will work closely together with the suppliers & ASML development teams to optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of the product generation process, in alignment with the ASML project plan. The main goal of this cross-sector activity is to secure an excellent quality of parts delivered by our suppliers. You will drive industrialization during new product development by involving those who will manufacture it. This is accomplished by fostering engineering collaboration between suppliers and ASML development departments, and driving co-design activities at suppliers.Leverage supplier technology and processes into ASML new product development projects.
The goal of the SQE team is to prepare for the introduction of new ASML products while development is in process, embedding industrial performance aspects (cycle time, manufacturability, reliability, cost) early in the design phase.This means thinking about the manufacturing environment (at both ASML and suppliers), as well as use and maintenance at the customer sites, taking into account lessons learned from past experiences.By focusing on product industrialization early, we can prevent most manufacturing and quality problems in our factory and at suppliers, and improve time to market. You will manage your own group of suppliers according to project deliverables and will work together and learn best practices from others.You will join Supplier Account Teams, with procurement and logistics professionals, to jointly manage suppliers according to ASML’s QLTC (Quality, Logistics, Technology, and Cost) principles.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry.ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
Within the D&E organization, the SQE is the primary responsible, from early supplier involvement until the product design and supplier process is mature enough to be released for volume. Using your in-depth technical knowledge, analytic thinking, and excellent people skills, you work closely with suppliers to build up intimate knowledge of their Intellectual Property (IP) and technological capabilities. NOTE: This is a technical position in a highly technical company and not a general Quality Assurance/Black Belt/Lean Manufacturing role. Those skills are necessary but not of primary concern.
As a Supplier Quality Engineer, your main tasks will include:
- Coordinating role with respect to all SQE activities and deliverables including other cross sector colleagues within the allocated project.
- Responsible for quality and process robustness at suppliers and with their second-tier suppliers.
- Contribute to supplier development (e.g., implement SPC, Lean Manufacturing, FMEA, and operational excellence at suppliers).
- Reduce risk in supplier manufacturing processes by optimizing quality, testing and qualification infrastructure.
- Understand fabrication processes to estimate and drive manufacturing cost targets.
- Ensure that parts quality, manufacturability and serviceability aspects are covered in the design phase, including implementation of lessons learned.
- Drive supplier yield and technical process improvements.Participate in supplier improvement projects (e.g., cycle-time reduction, cost reduction).
- Analyze and drive technical solutions in material quality issues and escalations.
- Support implementation of engineering changes (ECs) at suppliers.
- Contribute to supplier development to improve operational excellence by driving execution of existing agreements, improvement actions, and participation in supplier audits.
Deliverables that secure parts quality from suppliers in the ASML product generation process, such as:
- Acceptance of the specification and/or design.
- Complete & detailed parts qualification process.
- Acceptance of qualified parts.
- Process flow and Process failure mode effect analysis.
- First article inspection.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Additional education in relevant Business subjects is highly desirable.
At least 8 years relevant work experience in a high-tech environment in the field of development, engineering, manufacturing or a combination including experience with:
- Manufacturing techniques including 5 axis CNC machining, bonding and joining, materials, coatings, and precision measurement.
- Experience in at least one of the following:Precision mechanics, opto-mechanics, electro-mechanics.
- Supply chain processes in a new product development environment.
- Improvement projects in supply chain operations.
- Value Engineering and cost-reduction projects.
- Working in relationships with or management of suppliers.
- Proactive approach, taking initiative.
- Attention to detail.
- Results-oriented with strong planning and prioritization skills.
- Analytical, abstract thinker.
- Able to function in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Team player, shares knowledge, while able to act independently.
- Strong negotiation skills during interactions with suppliers and other ASML sectors. Ability to initiate, influence and steer without formal authority.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Internal Reference: #LI-KG1