12 days ago - req15453
Other technical job categories
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories, Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
Assists in building and testing laser sub-system prototypes and validates manufacturing processes, including sub-system assembly, optical alignment, functional test, equipment calibration, station setup and process development support.Assists in recommending changes in design, methods, and procedures to enhance product quality.
Performs functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies and final assemblies.Uses sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments or equipment.Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process.Works with engineers in conducting experiments.
- Uses standardized tools and electronic equipment (i.e., torque wrenches, electric and pneumatic screwdrivers and ball drivers, lifting equipment, computers, oscilloscopes) to assemble/install/remove or perform testing and troubleshooting.
- Assists in performing a variety of moderately complex technical service/support duties requiring specialized knowledge (i.e., sub-assembly, assembly, build, test, R&D, QA).
- May utilize functional area databases to run reports and analyze/trend data;Assists in making recommendations to management in order to meet production needs.
- May interface with engineers to support special tests and experiments with detailed instructions.
- Documents and monitors safety or security violations critical to product quality or operations.
- May use specialized test equipment such as leak testing, Hi - Pot and alignment instruments.
- Troubleshoots failures with pressurizes Gas, and Water sytems with Helium.
- Reads and understands business documents such as Bill of Materials, routing sheets, inventory records and work instructions.
- Applies labels to panels, modules, and doors to cleanliness and workmanship standards.
- Uses cleaning cloths with Acetone, Methanol, and Isopropyl alcohol to wipe surfaces prior to shipping product.
- Maintains a clean work area, and is responsible for designated tools (routine maintenance and calibration).
- Installs electrical connectors to modules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s Degree in technical or scientific field is highly desired.
- Requires a minimum of two (2) years of experience.
- Experience in using all electronic/pneumatic tools.Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics/drawings.
- Basic understanding of laser systems is required.
- Electrical/ electronic background.
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify and correct problems in complex software-driven electronic systems, (not circuit-board troubleshooting).
- Familiarity with cleanroom protocol is desired.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, basic algebra.
- Good proficiency with a wide variety of tools and equipment (e.g., oscilloscopes, voltage and current probes, multi-meters, chart recorders, Mensors, and Helium Sniffers).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Ability to apply knowledge of Company policies and technical skills in support of multiple products, services and components.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability