18 days ago - req15489
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other job categories
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The technical writer writes reviews and publishes the technical manufacturing procedures necessary to produce the ASML products in manufacturing and install them at customer site. This means working closely within the engineering team to provide the procedures needed for production, maintenance, repair, upgrade and installation of the systems via the ASML dynamic publishing software environment.
- Participate in an engineering team, preparing technical documentation for the manufacturing engineer.
- Ensure a uniform high standard of technical documentation for the team.
- Prepare complex technical procedures clearly and accurately in simple English with a methodical approach.
- Review comments on existing procedures and assign for review by engineers where necessary.
- Bachelor or master level, or equivalent experience.
- Multiple years working experience (Bsc: 5 – 10 years; Msc: 3 – 7 years).
- Experience as technical writer.
- Experience with EPIC software is an advantage.
- Proven excellent fluent communication skills in English, written + verbal.
- Pragmatic, initiative, ownership, persistent, pro-active.
- Team player, but also independent.
- Service orientated and flexible attitude.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and non-verbal (i.e. cultural awareness due to collaboration with foreign sites)).
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This U.S. position is open to U.S. workers only.A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government.The Company will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability