28 days ago - req15520
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
Are you a creative and analytical thinker who revels in finding solutions to challenging problems? Are you able to understand a customer’s information requirements inside and out, and can you organize content in such a way that will anticipate the end user’s experience needs? Do you have an eye for detail and a simultaneous focus on the big picture? Do you want to be at the forefront of a challenging information management landscape?Do you want to play a significant role in developingthe reporting and analysis capability of our Customer Support organization? If so, you might very well be our new CS Information Architect!
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance of ASML systems on customer locations and supporting the customer in using these systems in their production process. These systems are on the critical path for our customers, meaning that there is a continuous drive to improve the CS performance in terms of quality and efficiency. It is very important for us to have relevant and reliable data, because they form the basis for data-driven decision-making in the lifecycle of our machines, and in the development of our local offices.
The CS Information Architect formally reports to theCS Business Intelligence (BI)manager, but works closely with subject matter experts from inside and outside the BI team, CS business architects and CS domain architects.
The CS Information Architect plays a key role in defining the Reporting and Analysis capability roadmap. Your main responsibility is to connect people with the performance-related content they are looking for:
- You take ownership of data management and ensure that the overall architecture meets the information needs of all stakeholders.
- You define the framework to translate raw data into information and knowledge, in order to enable data-driven decision making.
- You manage the data quality framework and advise on deploying improvement actions to increase quality.
- You advise solution architects and DevOps teams on the application of the data/ information architecture and ensure that all parts of the information management landscape can be managed as a consistent whole.
Identify user information requirements by:
- Analyzing processes, KPI definitions, goal definitions
- Researching and analyzing user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods;
- Studying how users consume content, including data categorization and labeling;
- Meeting with focus groups.
- Providing feedback on information gaps of the current architecture
Organize information by:
- Translating user behavior into data/information structure and elements;
- Crafting interactive experiences;
- Producing workflow diagrams, user scenarios, flowcharts, and storyboards;
- Preparing interaction specifications, navigation rules, organization of information, maps;
Plan information architecture by:
- Studying the use case, strategy, and user group;
- Envisioning architectural scheme, information structure and features, functionality, and the user-interface;
- Creating user scenarios;
- Preparing data models;
- Designing information structure, work-and dataflow, and navigation;
- Documenting the information architecture using standard documentation tooling (ArchiMate modelling, TOGAF)
- Evaluating information representation;
- Conducting creative meetings.
Implement information architecture by:
- Ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders on roadmap priorities
- Coordinating with Solution Architect and Product Developer to integrate functional design, visual design, writing, interface, navigational structure and user interface;
- Documenting structure and processes.
Validate information delivery by:
- Developing and completing usability test plans;
- Evaluating traffic patterns;
- Studying user feedback;
Update job knowledge by:
- Tracking research and technological developments in the field of Business Intelligence;
- Participating in educational opportunities;
- Reading professional publications;
- Maintaining personal networks;
- Participating in professional organizations.
Enhance organization reputation by:
- Accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests;
- Exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Experience developing or working with architectural concepts, strategies, roadmaps, reference architectures, architectural patterns, frameworks and principles
- Knowledge of and experience with information modelling and data architecture
- Strong visualization skills with the ability to clearly communicate, in writing and orally
- Experience in business process improvement and knowledge of business intelligence tool sets
- Understanding of user experience, web/application design and development processes, methods and principles
- Understanding of user-centric design
- Affinity with data structures and reporting
- Understanding of data protection/ data security requirements and policies
- Aware of current trends and new technologies in information architecture and design.
- Experience in large scale implementation that included Information Architecture re-design
- Knowledge of TOGAF and ArchiMate is a plus
- Customer Support/ field experience is a plus
- Previous experience in creating interfaces, large-scale websites, and applications is a plus.
- 5-10 years working experience as information architect or related functions
We are looking for somebody who:
- Is curious – you have a strong desire to dig to understand the real root cause of problems
- Is a self-starter – we don’t expect you to know everything, but you need to be able to teach yourself anything
- Is never satisfied with ‘good enough’ but is able to deliver when ‘good enough’ is acceptable
- Understands the big picture, but often lives in the details
- Is organized and is energized from bringing clarity and control to ambiguous and chaotic situations
- Can articulate simple conclusions from large amounts of data
- Is obsessive about data quality
- Can quickly build trust and connect to all stakeholders and management levels
- Can demonstrate strategic thinking: can balance long term vision and short term action
- Has a proactive attitude and challenges the status-quo
- Can easily switch between conceptual and operational activities
Context of the position
You will report directly to group leader CS SBD Business Intelligence
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active.