30+ days ago - req15565
Mechanical Design Engineer
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry.ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
- Proficient in the use of CAD (Unigraphics) to perform tooling design and development for the precision assembly and testing of optical components as well as R&D prototypes.
- Proficient in the use of Matlab to perform design simulation and analysis.
- Ensure designs meet the specifications within the constraints, given in the project plan. Realize the qualification of the design by ensuring the prototype production and execution of tests. Ensure manufacturability and serviceability, including required means/tools. Interface with Design Engineering to design and develop prototypes and development of tests for proof of concept.
- Initiate and lead in formal design reviews for your own designs and for other production engineers designs.
- Recommend alternatives to designers that will allow for cost effective manufacturing of the product while still meeting design requirements.
- Ensure adequate product Technical Product Documentation (TPD) to qualify, integrate, produce and test the product.
- Interface with machine shops, vendors, suppliers, Procurement Department to assist in the development and creation of manufacturing equipment.
- Hands-on assembly of equipment, set-up, testing, qualification, documentation and hand-off to Production.
- Develop processes and create work instructions to be used by assembly technicians. Initiate and optimize new procedures and adjust existing ones. Review processes created by other production engineers.
- Develop and approve engineering changes (ECN’s) to correct errors or improve the product.
- Collect and analyze information in order to report timely required information to different users and management.
- Provide regular status reporting based on SPC data to applicable manufacturing departments in order to enable them to take required actions.
- Provide hands-on support on a daily basis to Production technicians.
- Embrace the Lean Manufacturing philosophy and look for opportunities for continuous improvement in all areas of the production processes.
- Contribute to the good spirit of cooperation by finding solutions, execution of all kind of tasks and good communication.
BS degree - Mechanical Engineering (8+ years) or equivalent experience.Master’s in mechanical or Electrical engineering preferred.
8+ years preferred.
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
-The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
-The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
-May require travel dependent on company needs.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
-Can work under deadlines.
-The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
-Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
-Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
-Can learn and apply new information or skills.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability