30+ days ago - req15688
Corporate Secretariat & Governance Counsel
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Would you enjoy getting involved in the broad scope of activities that our Corporate Secretariat & Governance team completes at the heart of a leading international company in the semiconductor business?
To strengthen our team we would like to get in touch with candidates for the position of Corporate Secretariat & Governance Counsel.
As member of the Legal Department’s Corporate Secretariat & Governance team, you assist in ensuring that that the Board of Management and Supervisory Board have the proper resources and advice for discharging their duties in compliance with corporate governance requirements.
The Corporate Secretariat & Governance Counsel reports into the Deputy Company Secretary.
The responsibilities of the Corporate Secretariat & Governance Counsel include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the process of the Supervisory Board and Committees and the Board of Management meetings in close collaboration with other departments;
- Prepare meeting agendas and other meeting documents;
- Prepare minutes and resolutions of the Supervisory Board and Board of Management, and follow-up on action items;
- Draft and/ or update various general documents (Rules of Procedure, Rotation Schedule, Profile);
- Prepare the annual meeting schedule for the Supervisory Board and Committees;
- Supervise on logistics in connection with both onsite and offsite Supervisory Board meetings;
- Support the process of searches for new Supervisory Board and Board of Management members and handle formalities for their onboarding;
- Set up an introduction program for new Supervisory Board and Board of Management members and assist in arrange permanent education sessions upon request;
- Manage the process of ASML’s annual general meeting in close collaboration with other departments and advisors, and assist in drafting the AGM agenda and related documents;Assist in the review and drafting of certain sections of ASML’s annual integrated report;
-Monitor corporate governance developments and potential impact on ASML’s governance framework; assist in the implementation of new governance requirements if required.
Master’s degree, preferably in Law, with relevant expertise in governance work
- 5-7 years relevant experience in an international business environment, preferably in (legal) support of the management and/ or supervisory board of a listed company;
- Thorough understanding of the laws and codes that affect your areas of work, and experience in corporate governance practice, within Dutch, EU and/or US jurisdictions.
- Accurate and systematic way of working;
- The ability to work constructively in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Flexibility, creativity, ability to work under time pressure and to operate at all levels (boardroom to work floor),
- Understanding the dynamics of the environment you operate in and act accordingly;
- Integrity and discretion
- Fluent in English, both orally as well as in writing, and a professional level of understanding of the Dutch language
- A motivated and enthusiastic team player.
Context of the position
ASML is a leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services these advanced systems, which continue to help major chip making companies reduce the size and increase the functionality of microchips, and consumer electronic equipment.
ASML’s Legal Department is responsible for defining and implementing the company’s worldwide legal strategy and bears the responsibility for all ASML entities worldwide to comply with international laws and regulations, in order to minimize legal risks and to maximize legal and commercial opportunities. The Legal Department (30+ lawyers) consists of a team of highly empowered, business oriented lawyers, supported by paralegals and secretaries, working across the globe and based in Europe, US and Asia. Main work areas that can be distinguished within ASML’s Legal Department are organized in the Corporate & Compliance team, the Contracts & Litigation team, Regional teams in Asia and the U.S and the Corporate Secretariat & Governance team.
Interested in this position? Please apply with cv and cover letter detailing your motivation to take on this role.