30+ days ago - req15654
Lifting Safety Expert
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Join our H&T team today! Become a specialist in lifting of high end machine parts and modules. This delicate job is covering everything that is required from the first assembly of the machine in the cleanroom in Veldhoven, all the way to installation, servicing and upgrading our machines at customer plants all over the world.
In the position of Lifting specialist, you are a key contributor to the safety architecture of our ASML systems. The goal of H&T group is to provide safe and efficient handling and transport solutions for ASML’s products and related goods over their full life cycle. Within H&T, the Lifting specialist is specifically responsible for the definition of safe lifting actions and the development of safe lifting tools.
You will contribute to the development of the lifting competence inside ASML.
- Support module project by developing safe lifting actions and reliable, efficient and cost-effective lifting tools for ASML systems and modules.
- Educate yourself, your colleagues of all sectors, co developers, suppliers on safety and regulation concerning lifting tools.
- Review entire lifting operations and tooling used therein on safety, ASML policies, machine damage risks, contamination.
- Find all the risks that are associated with the lifting operation and find solutions to negate those risks.
- Perform and guide risk assessment and reduction processes , both from a manufacturer’s and end users point of view.
Master in Mechanical Engineering or a similar technical master degree.
- 5-10 years experienced in a multidisciplinary technical environment.
- Knowledge of tooling design, safety legislation and risk assessment and reduction processes.
- Be able to read, understand and interpret complex English documents, such as legislation and standards.
- Academic thinking level is required in able to interpret the variety of safety related legislation and make the right choices in regards to requirement definition and review.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Organizational and leadership skills.
- Creative and critical thinker.
- A safety mindset.
- Assertive, able to defend a point of view.
- Influence without power.
Context of the position
The group Handling Tools & Transport Systems (H&T) is part of Development & Engineering group (D&E) and is part of the Mechanical Development cluster (MDEV) within ASML. The H&T group is responsible for the specification, definition, realization and qualification of all handling and transport tools for ASML machines, and for ensuring hoisting actions can be performed safety all throughout the ASML machines. You will be reporting to the Group leader Handling & Transport.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, a letter of motivation and preferably a portfolio in which you showcase relevant work done.