30+ days ago - req15664
Solution Architect IAAS & Compute
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Founded in 1984, ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits and chips. ASML has its R&D and manufacturing operations in the United States, China, Taiwan, Korea and in Veldhoven, the Netherlands employing over 19.000 people.
The IT organization of ASML supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. Part of the IT organization is the Competence Center Operations & infrastructure (O&I) providing all, mission-critical, IT support services. This not only includes generic IT infrastructure services like laptops and desktops, telecom services, network and datacenters but also the IT applications which are used within ASML.
As a Solution Architect Compute&IAASyour job mission is to ensure that the virtual and physical compute platforms are managed to the best economic advantage of the company and in line with business requirements enabling ASML to move forward in a high demanding, fast moving and dynamic environment.
As a Solution Architect Compute&IAAS you carry the responsibility for safeguarding the physical and virtual compute infrastructure. You will act on both an operational level, ensuring that designs, procedures and policies are in place, as a tactical level, translating the compute strategy into technical roadmaps.
As a Solution Architect Compute&IAAS you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Translate decisions into practical guidelines, policies and implementation plans
- Provide technical consultation to internal business partners
- Support in the rollout of complex changes
- Coordinate and assure quality of compute related changes, incidents and problems
- Support in finding resolutions of high impact incidents
- Responsible for capacity management of the service and review the capacity reports on a monthly basis
- Provide capacity input for the capacity plan towards the Capacity Manager
- Report on the operational health of the global compute infrastructure
- Translate and realize the compute strategy into technical roadmaps
- Validate design plans, quotes and orders proposed by vendors/contractors
- Signal, analyze and realize improvements on procedures and policies used in the daily operation
- Participate in domain architecture governance to identify and design the future state of the global compute domain
- Bachelor or master degree in the area of computer science, technical business administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid industry certifications such as MTA and VCA-DBT
- Broad understanding of hosting and infrastructure technologies including:
- Virtualization: VMWare,
- Cloud: Working knowledge of Cloud providers such as Azure,Google, AWS
- Compute: Cisco/NetApp FlexPod and Cisco UCS Solutions
- Knowledge about database (PAAS) solutions is a pre
- You may not be an expert in all of them but will be able to impress us with your drive to learn
- 4+ years professional experience with a focus on Virtualization, Cisco UCS/Flexpod
- Broad knowledge of design compliance and internal auditing programs
- Sound understanding of compute technology, techniques and best practices
- Experienced in participating (and leading?) in complex projects
- Experienced in working in an environment where IT Service Management processes are used (e.g. ITIL)
- Analytical, entrepreneurial, flexible and result oriented are keywords
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, in Dutch and English
- Excellent leadership, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Excellent team player in the different management layers
- Meet the required standards expected against the leadership capability model
Context of the position
As a Solution Architect Compute&IAASyou are a member of the IT Infrastructure Services team, part of the IT Operations and Infrastructure Competence Center of ASML. Within the position you will report directly to the Manager Build of the Infrastructure Services team.
IT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities. IT is striving for operational excellence by implementing extensive improvement programs to boost quality and reliability, to reduce costs and to minimize risks into our day-to-day operations. This means a high demanding environment with unique possibilities to learn, grow and to develop skills and careers in multiple domains.