30+ days ago - req15650
VDI / Automation Architect
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips). ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communications and information technology products.
The engineering IT services Software (EIS-SW) group within ASML is responsible for the development environments (software and hardware) used by ASML software developers in order to produce commercial software products. This environment consists of an integrated development, build, test and release environment and must be capable to support Continuous Integration throughout the lifecycle and configuration management of the ASML product software.
The environment is developed and maintained in close cooperation with the ASML software development community (more than 2000 developers within multiple departments).
In order to provide the software development community at ASML with a great VDI we are looking for someone who can combine IT architecture and egineering to join our team. Together with your VDI team you will be responsible for the end-to-end development, delivery, and support of the VDI service for over 3500, and growing, software developers.
As an Architect in our VDI team you will be:
- Driving innovation in our VDI service offering by researching new technologies
- Providing technical leadership in your role as a technical expert.
- Co-develop the product roadmap with the product owner.
- Part of an Agile DevOps team, where you will work in close collaboration with the product owner to design and realize new features.
- Interacting directly with end-users and co-developing teams to share your expert knowledge of our product.
- Interacting with fellow architects and the solution owner to align a complex landscape of IT solutions.
- Challenging your product owner, to maintain a healthy balance between state-of-the-art technology, security, performance, and stability.
The VDI stack consist of Citrix and VMware, development and deployment is done using a DevOps toolset consisting of Puppet, git, Terraform, and Jenkins. We are running over 2000 Linux VDIs and are looking to expand the Linux stack and provide Windows VDIs.
Formal education should include Bachelor or Master level education in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related fields. Also you are well acquainted with software development and have relevant proven experience in large technical complex environments.
- You have experience with IT architecture
- Preferably you have experience with delivering Linux or Windows VDIs on a Citrix platform
- You have affinity with software development
- You have an automation/config management mindset and experience with using a DevOps toolset (Puppet, Terraform, RunDeck, Jenkins)
- Youfluent in the English language, both spoken and written
- You have experience with virtualization technology such as VMware
- Preferably you have experience working in an Agile DevOps environment
- You have experience with Linux operating systems as an engineer (additional experience with Windows is a pre)
From a personal perspective, you are customer focused, accustomed to context switching in a fast paced environment. It is important to have a can-do mentality, focus on results, a desire to complete challenging tasks and learn on the go.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.