26 days ago - req15737
Senior EU Government & External Affairs Manager
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Are you able to see the big picture and translate relevant political and societal developments into actions? We are looking for you!
You will become part of global collaboration, where creativity, diversity and a dynamic work environment are celebrated. You’re encouraged to bring your best ideas and act on them. You have the freedom, trust and support in your field to experiment and solve complex challenges.
You’ll be at the heart of our worldwide company. The main aspect of your role is to design, develop, drive and execute the external affairs strategy with a focus on the EU. You report to the Head of Government & External Affairs.
The role of Senior Manager Government Affairs EU is a newly created position. You will play an important role in supporting ASML’s growth in the fast-moving High-Tech industry. A dynamic sector influenced by government involvement and public policy changes.You will develop and take a lead on initiatives related to interactions with government and other public organizations.You will monitor political and regulatory developments in the EU that may affect ASML priorities. Furthermore you will build and manage relationships at relevant EU government institutions and other public organizations at various levels.
The Government & External Affairs Department’s mission is to represent ASML’s interests towards governments to help shape public policy in support of ASML’s strategic objectives and the communities ASML operates in. You are responsible for informing, engaging and connecting stakeholders. You’ll be involved in designing, developing and executing the EU governmental affairs strategy.
This position requires you to
- Engage with ASML leadership to develop public policy strategy, campaigns, and engagement within the EU
- Show leadership, vision and execution capabilities to achieve value-adding results in a complex international political environment
- Develop and maintain healthy relationships at EU institutions in Brussels/Strasbourg
- Promote a positive presence of ASML with EU institutions, governments and other public organizations to (help) shape the policy environment relevant for ASML business
- Show sound business judgment and analytical skills, ability to formulate, develop and execute agreed strategies.
- Execute complex initiatives and projects in cooperation with multiple stakeholders and demonstrate capability to analyse and break up complex problems into tasks and responsibilities that can be, and are, delegated and executed
- Support key ASML executives with policy positions and communications materials
- Assist ASML executives in public policy engagement efforts via speaking engagements and meeting opportunities
- Continuously monitor and interpret the political and policy landscape in the EU and provides ASML leadership with practical insights on policies that may have an impact on ASML
- Show appetite and capability to independently identify political risks and opportunities, and initiate and execute actions
- Work collaboratively with other departments (e.g. Legal, Communication, R&D) to ensure strategic alignment, well-informed decision-making and compliance and improve public and governmental affairs skills
Master degree in the fields of law, public administration, political science or communications.
Business fluency in spoken and written English. Proficiency in Dutch and/or German would be a plus.
- At least 10 years’ of experience working on trade, technology and/or R&D policy issues within government, think tanks, public interest groups, or relevant industry associations.
- At least 10 years' proven experience and track record in developing and implementing issue and stakeholder management plans
- Experience at a multinational company and/or in international governmental relations environment
- Experience in or strong affinity with High-Tech industry. Experience with EU innovation, grants and incentives programs is a plus
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of EU political processes, legislation, government organizations and working philosophies
- Strong stakeholder management experience - working with executive levels in an international environment – and the ability to influence and network.
- Proven ability to build and nurture a value adding stakeholder environment
- Proven experience interacting with high level government officials, policy-makers, agencies and other stakeholder groups
- Ability to translate highly complex issues and strategies into clear public affairs goals and activity plans
- Have a relevant network in the EU arena.
- Experience in working consultatively with tact and diplomacy and being persuasive in demanding situations.
- Proven track record to consult on and execute relevant governmental affairs strategies across different regions and cultures.
- Excellent writing and communication skills (native English standard)
- Ambitious with a can do mentality - takes ownership
- Resilient, proactive, driven, self-propelling
- Creative problem solver, out of the box thinker
- Relationship builder, collaborative team player
- Keen networker with excellent influencing skills
- Entrepreneurial, commercially astute
- Aware of cross-cultural differences with a well-calibrated political antenna
- Sets targets and priorities effectively and efficiently
- Enjoys working in an open, transparent, informal, dynamic and hard-working environment
Context of the position
The Government & External Affairs Department’s mission is to represent ASML’s interests towards governments to help shape public policy in support of ASML’s strategic objectives and the communities ASML operates in. Government & External Affairs is part of ASML’s Corporate Strategy & Marketing Function.
As a member of ASML’s Government & External Affairs Department, you will report to the Head of Government & External Affairs and will work closely with colleagues at ASML headquarters and throughout the world.
Key Interfaces: Senior Management across ASML, (Country) Management, Research & Development, Sustainability, Human Resources, Legal and Communications.
This is a full-time position (40 hours).
Location: Based at least one day a week in Veldhoven, the Netherlands and at least three days a week in Brussels, Belgium.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter detailing your interest in this position.