25 days ago - req15731
Technical Author Applications Industrialization
Research & development
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other job categories
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
The department Process Window Detection Software develops, integrates, tests and releases the software for the Yieldstar platform, the Yieldstar Applications (ADI), the In-Device Metrology Applications (AEI) and recently the Wafer Stage cluster for the HMI Multibeam Inspection tool. We are also responsible for the System Integration of the Yieldstar Products.
The goal of the industrialization group in this department is to ensure that a Field or Factory Engineer can do his/her work as prepared as possible, with as minimum disturbances as possible and to continuously improve on this.
The Industrialization group is part of the PWD Software department focusing on (technical) factory and service engineering for the Yieldstar and other products within the businessline Applications. The Technical Authors report to the group lead of the Industrialization group.
The mission of Applications Industrialization is to enable our engineers in the field and factory to be successful in supporting our customers, by reaching agreed performance while reducing costs.
As an expert in technical documentation and communication you will - together with the responsible Competence Engineer(s) - support the service engineers to fulfil their tasks in a safe, efficient and effective way.
- The Technical Autor is capable of understanding complex technical matters and to present them in a clear, accurate, and compact manner to the target audience, which are Factory Engineers, Field Service Engineers and/or customers of ASML systems.
- Using input from the responsible Competency Engineers, the Technical Author creates new (or edits existing) technical procedures and work instructions in such a way that this information is unambiguous and easy to understand for the target audience.
- In addition to technical procedures for repair, diagnostics and recovery, the Technical Author creates/edits Field Change Orders (for specific updates/changes in the field) and News Flashes (for urgent reporting of issues/workarounds).
- For creating and editing content, the Technical Author makes use of an XML-editor (Arbortext Editor) that is an integral part of the Document Management System used within ASML (Indicenter).
- As part of a valuable feedback channel, the Technical Author helps to process Comments from the end-users on work instruction content, using the Comments Tool.
- The Technical Author can adequately interact with the Competency Engineers, who are the technical specialists, and responsible for addressing structural issues in the Field.
- The Technical Authors collaborates with fellow Authors in his team to meet the targets and secure the planning of documentation deliverables, via daily stand up meetings and a standardized SharePoint workflow. In this setting there is opportunity for continuous improvement, and room to identify and develop efficiency gains in the way of working, together with the team.
Bachelor or Master Degree in a technical area or (technical) communication.
Preferably 3 years or more work experience in a technical writing role.
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Accurate and creative
- Analytical with attention to detail, also capable of having a helicopter-view
- Quick understanding
- Pro-active attitude and taking initiative
- Flexible but result driven
- Team player with excellent communication skills in a multicultural work environment
Context of the position
Our group is responsible for providing the documentation for the maintenance, repair, and continuous improvement of ASML systems in our factories and at customer locations, as well as transferring all relevant knowledge and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process.
Keywords: Technical communications specialist, accurate, creative, customer-oriented.