30+ days ago - req15823
Applications Engineer - Engineering IT Support Services
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Computer science & software engineering
ASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Job MissionAs an Application Support Engineer within the Engineering IT Services (EIS) Hardware group you are responsible for providing 1st and 2nd line support to ASML’s Research and Development organization, in particular the electronics designers and analytics engineers. This includes relevant application support for our co-development partners.
When working as an Application Support Engineer at ASML you will have the opportunity to grow in your job and improve your skills in the following areas:
- Focus on multi-disciplinary Engineering processes and Technical Computing/Analytics applications.
- Support Engineering processes, assist with Design questions and Application support (knowledgeable support desk).
- Take ownership on reported issues, and escalate when needed.
- Work in close alignment in a team of multiple support engineers.
You will work in close cooperation with the ASML internal customer and the IT Solution Teams.
- You will be part of the Engineering IT Services HW team consisting of more than 30 people, with currently 6 application support engineers.
- Intake of end-user calls via phone, mail or support system; align with end-users on issue definition.
- Handle support calls, try to solve issues immediately, or create incidents to follow-up. Monitor progress of open tickets. Drive progress towards internal and external partners for incident resolution.
- Incident management and identifying problems for supported Services, mainly in the Electrical Engineering and Engineering Simulation area.
- Support and handle standardized requests from engineering.
- Participate as technical IT support engineer in running projects within the team.
- Investigate and suggest non-standard changes with a limited scope.
- Deliver support on IT services based on Windows and Linux.
- Perform limited application and infrastructure testing as part of change or escalation management.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems or Information Technology.
- 3+ years overall development/technical support experience.
- Knowledge of Engineering Applications is a pre, in particular Electrical Engineering applications, HDL design and/or Technical Computing/Analytics applications.
- Basic understanding and practical experience with:
- Shell scripting
- Linux / Windows OS knowledge.
- MS Office applications.
- Highly motivated team player
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude
- Independent, accurate, systematic approach, problem solving
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality
- Analytical skills
- Think practical on the impact of decisions for end-customer / user
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in the English language.
Context of the positionAt ASML we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high tech lithography machines for our chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech hub. We have other Research and Development location around the globe, main locations are Wilton, San Diego, San Jose (US) and Linkou (Taiwan)
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The IT
infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
A department within the IT organization is EIS (Engineering IT Services); this department is responsible for the engineering infrastructure services and applications/tooling for ASML’s research and development organization. We ensure that these services are running in an optimal way and we look at innovating the services. We also support the IT applications that are used at ASML.
IT EIS supports two development disciplines: Hardware (mechanical, electrical, simulation) and Software engineering. As an IT Engineering Application Support Engineer you will be active in the Hardware group, supporting engineering applications for complete D&E and Research worldwide. You will functionally report to the Solution Team Manager Hardware of the IT EIS department, with a local reporting line to the San Diego organization.
Other informationASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. An assessment will be part of the recruitment process.
We expect that your application is accompanied by a motivation letter indicating why you are interested in this position and why this position is a match with your skills and experience.
- Mentor Graphics
- Printed Circuit Board design
- Cable design
- Embedded systems
- Smart system design
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability