20 days ago - req15833
Engineering IT Services – FPGA Application Support Expert
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
The Electronics Development environment at ASML worldwide is used by more than 800 research and development engineers. Are you the IT Application Expert who supports our Electronics Engineers to get the most out of their state-of-the-art integrated EDA/CAD design tools?
As an Application Support Expert within the Engineering IT Services (EIS) Hardware group you are responsible for deployment of industry-standard EDA/ECAD applications, and for implementing Changes on the IT infrastructure to support ASML’s Research and Development, in particular the electronics designers. Focus area for this role is FPGA design to enable an efficient ASML design process.
When working as an IT Engineering Application Support Expert at ASML you will have the opportunity to develop yourself and improve your skills in the following domains:
- Focus on Multi-disciplinary Engineering processes and engineering applications
- Supporting engineering infrastructure (Linux/Windows hosting, storage, databases, remote workplaces)
- Building and maintaining expert knowledge on Engineering applications, driving improvements in Way of Working and Engineering efficiency.
You will work in close cooperation with the internal customer and Solution Team Domain Architect.
You will be part of the EIS HW team consisting of more than 30 people, with 5 Electronics Engineering Application Support Experts.
- 3rd line support for engineering applications and services, be IT expert for selected IT engineering services.
- Analyze business processes to understand questions from the business.
- Review, select and deploy new (versions of) EDAtools, mainly in the Electrical Engineering area
- Execute non-standard changes and projects for supported Engineering IT Services and related applications according ITIL process and/or Agile development process.
- Support / take ownership of requests from engineering, and help to solve these requests.
- Participate as technical IT support expert in running projects within the IT team.
- Deliver expert support on IT servicesbased on Windows and Linux;
- Define improvement proposals that focus on system performance and process efficiency for end-users.
- Drive progress towards internal and external partners for implementation of solutions
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods.
Bachelor level or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems or Information Technology.
- At least 3 years of relevant and proven experience in multi-user, multi-site, multi-platform, multi-SW, mixed HW development environments.
- Knowledge of Engineering Applications is a pre, in particular FPGA/ASIC design related applications.
- Understanding and practical experience with:
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Shell scripting, (bash, csh, ksh, sh), Perl, TCL,Python, VBS, Makefiles …)
- Knowledge of programming
- Development environments
- Unix/Linux server infrastructure
- Windows server infrastructure
- Multiple virtualization techniques
- MS Office applications.
- Highly motivated team player
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude
- Independent, accurate, systematic approach
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality
- Strong analytical skills
- Ambitious and with a pro-active, initiating attitude.
- Ability to plan and set priorities.
- Team worker, good social skills, service and customer-oriented
- Think practical on the impact of decisions for end-customer / user
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Context of the position
At ASML we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high tech lithography machines for our chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech hub. We have other Research and Development location around the globe, main locations are Wilton, San Diego, San Jose (US) and Linkou (Taiwan)
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The IT
infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
A department within the IT organization is EIS (Engineering IT Services); this department is responsible for the engineering infrastructure services and applications/tooling for ASML’s research and development organization. We ensure that these services are running in an optimal way and we look at innovating the services. We also support the IT applications that are used at ASML.
IT EIS supports two development disciplines: Hardware (mechanical, electrical, simulation) and Software engineering. As an Application Support Expert you will be active in the Hardware/Electrical Engineering group, supporting engineering applications for complete D&E and Research worldwide. You will report to the Solution Team Manager Hardware of the IT EIS department.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. An assessment will be part of the recruitment process.
We expect that your application is accompanied by a Motivation Letter indicating why you are interested in this position and why this position is a match with your skills and experience. Applications without a Motivation Letter will automatically get rejected.