11 days ago - req15871
Senior Manager Deal Structuring
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Are you someone who always looks for solutions rather than simply stating the issues? Would you enjoy the challenge of ensuring that a sales deal process results in the best possible deal for ASML ? Can you make a contribution by improving preparation, deal review and deal execution.
The Senior Manager Deal Structuring is responsible for the quality of the deal structuring process resulting in Eur 11 bln in sales, good margins and adoption of new products. This only follows from continuously liaising with account teams on the one hand and the business lines that create the products in the deal on the other hand. A well-managed deal structuring process will result in deals that are affordable to the customer, while being profitable for the business lines involved.
Once deals get approved you ensure we monitor closure with customers, and escalate issues that need support or require a new approach from ASML, which potentially needs to be shared for the benefit of all account teams. Commercial approval processes need to be in compliance with our internal control processes. So you monitor compliance of account teams that have a delegated authorization. Meaningful management reporting that helps to spot and escalate issues in deal escalation is part of this.
- Ensure good preparation of commercial proposals resulting in good deals and an efficient & simple Deal Structuring (DST) process. You provide guidance to the local teams in review and preparations of business cases and deal structuring. Financial terms and conditions to be negotiated include revenues, discounts, gross margins, payment terms, credit arrangements, currency arrangements, revenue recognition issues, US GAAP implications, factoring, leasing etc.
- Ensure issues in deal execution get escalated to proper levels for action and follow up
- Share learnings from deals and issue resolution across account teams
- Develop standards and insights to ensure fair deal making across customers
- Ensure compliance with levels of authorization
- Academic degree, specialization Business or Economics
- Preferably followed by an MBA or Chartered Controllership (RC)
- At least 8 years of experience as Finance Manager/ Controller, preferably covering sales and / or business development
- Experience in (preparing for) deal making
- Gets things done in large organizations. This could be reflected by leading projects with many stakeholders including but not limited to include post-merger integration, acquisitions and business process transformation
- Business acumen / street smartness
- Networker: has to work with multiple account teams and business lines and has to be comfortable finding and involving the right people
- Gets things done in large organizations. Is aware of how decisions are made, doesn't pick all fights
- Disciplined: ensure account teams stick to the standards we defined to ensure efficient DST meetings.
- Hands on attitude
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate complex business issues into clear messages
- Ability to build relations with and influence other functional areas without hierarchy
- Show ownership of issues from start to finalization
Context of the position
You will work in the dynamic environment of the Deal Structuring – a diverse environment with colleagues with different backgrounds from all over the world.
You directly report to the Finance Director Deal Structuring and has routine contact with theAccount Teams and sales control teams in Singapore, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, US (2x) and Europe. You will provide guidance to the local teams on deal structuring, terms & conditions and compliance.
Furthermore, the Senior Manager is a key contact person involving supporting organizations like Treasury, Tax, Chief Accounting, Financial Planning, Export Control, Supply Chain and the factory in deal making.
If you are interested in this position please send your resume and cover letter in English.