21 days ago - req15986
Technical Graduate Program - Computer Science & Software Engineering
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Mathematics
The Technical Graduate Program is a great opportunity to start your career in a dynamic and international environment where you will be challenged daily to push technology boundaries further. We have multiple job opportunities for recent graduates with an (almost) finished bachelor, master or PhD in Computer Science or Software Engineering. You are not applying for a single vacancy but for multiple vacancies at the same time! By joining our program, you will receive the ideal combination of ‘doing’ and ‘learning’ that will build the fundamentals needed for a technical career at ASML.
Join our computer science and software engineering program to design and build some of the most advanced software in the semiconductor industry. More than 1,500 software engineers create solutions that not only allow us to run our lithography machines, but measure and optimize them. It’s not all code – our computer scientists are tasked with solving seemingly unsolvable technical challenges. Join us if you’re ready to achieve the impossible.
If you just completed a bachelor, master’s or PhD it is important that you land in a job that inspires you, challenges you and where you can develop yourself. We are aware of how challenging it can be to find the best match in an early career stage. This is why we combined multiple vacancies of different departments where your Computer Science or Software Engineering knowledge could fit perfectly. You will have the opportunity to talk with several hiring managers during our selection day and have more opportunities to find the right match. Within the different department we are looking for people with different programming languages skills. You have to be proficient in at least one of the following programming languages:
- C++: Continually developing cutting-edge hardware isn’t easy. Every time a newly updated component is integrated into one of our machines, the overall system performance is disrupted. That’s why we use software solutions to refine our hardware. Our C++ code base helps us to achieve this:it’s a highly portable and multi-layered system that keeps pace with the chip-making industry and enables us to deep-dive into novel problems.
- Python: Python isn’t just a syntax at ASML. It holds together our pioneering code base, brings our diverse development teams together and, whatever your ambitions, gives you a vast range of career options at ASML. We use Python across our multidisciplinary development teams. We use it for calibration and performance monitoring of every machine in our product portfolio, allowing our customers to create state-of-the-art computer chips using a complex range of diagnostic tools and an intuitive user interface.
- C#: You probably haven’t used C# the way we use it at ASML. As one of our software developers, you’ll get the opportunity to develop complex machine control software and implement complex algorithms. Many people think that only embedded software is relevant for a machine production company – but ASML has large software departments where people work with C#.
- Java: Java development at ASML is unique. It combines the complexity of NASA-type applications with the big data of Amazon –nowhere else is complexity and high volume combined. Our Java developers use the very latest tools and techniques, including algorithms, data science, cluster storage technology, Hadoop and Spark retrieval, reliability engineering, statistical modeling, UX design and data visualizations.
What can you expect from this program?
To give you the best possible start at ASML, you will combine your daily activities with intensive onboarding activities. The first year of your job consists of a combination of trainings to develop both your soft skills and your technical skills. In consultation with your manager there will be also the option to choose specific individual trainings related to your personal development.
- You have a Bachelor, Master or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineeringor related.
- You completed your education less than 12 months ago or you will graduate within 4 months from the selection day.
- You have a maximum of 6 months of relevant working experience after your graduation
- You have strong coding skills in C++ and/or Python and/or C# and/or Java
- It’s a pre if you participated in extracurricular activities, such as serving as part of the board for a student association or you did volunteering work
- You are a team player, you work for the success of your team and ASML
- You are goal-oriented and self-initiating
- You are hands-on, down-to-earth and pragmatic
- You are eager to learn
- You speak and write fluently in English
We offer you
- A contract of one year at ASML, with the possibility of an indefinite contract after the first year
- We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- 40 days paid leave: 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours)
- 13th month payment
- 8% holiday allowance
- Pension plan
- Commuting allowance
- Training sessions to develop yourself professionally
- A safe environment to experiment with what you learn
- A close network of other recent graduates and colleagues
- The opportunity to work alongside some of the world’s smartest engineers
The Computer Science & Software Engineering graduate program will have two selection dates in 2020.
- May 13 2020 (application deadline April 12, 2020)
- Half October (application deadline half September 2020)
We will only consider your application if you add your CVand your motivation in a cover letter. Due to the Coronavirus the recruitment process might be adjusted. We are aiming to finalize it in the same timeframe.
The deadline for application is the 12th of April. Within two weeks after the application deadline, we will inform you if your resume has been selected for the first round of the selection process. This consists of a prescreening call and an online assessment.
2. Selection day
If you pass the first application round you will be invited to our selection day. This will be on Thursday the 13th of May.
During this day you will be assessed on different competencies via different activities (e.g. interviews, business game). Based on your performance and your preferences the screening board will decide which candidates best match with the open positions.
3. Job offer
You will be informed within a few working days after the selection day if you will receive a job offer and for which job.
If you have any questions, send an email to [email protected]
ASML is leading in the worldwide development, production and sales of high-end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. We make machines that make chips. We build some of the most amazing machines that you will ever see, and the software to run them.