30+ days ago - req16088
Architect Safety Handling System
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Is your interest triggered by the specification, design, realization and qualification of the Safety Handling System for new and existing ASML products? And do you have excellent communication skills, combined with a high level of discipline? You’d better contact us today!
As Architect Safety Handling, your mission is to specify, design, realize and qualify the Safety Handling System for new and existing ASML products.
The Architect Safety Handling is responsible for the specification, design, realization and qualification of the Safety Handling System. The Safety Handling System consists of the complete electrical system that controls the human safety and machine damage functions.
Some of the daily activities consist of:
- Define, document and maintain specifications of safety control infrastructure using SIEMENS PLC Hardware and Software.
- Make work breakdown and planning, agreed with other stakeholders.
- Analyze and solve reliability issues.
- Create the functional overview describing the location of the Safety Handling parts in the (sub) system.
- Create the functional block diagrams describing the functions within the (sub) system on a high level
- Create and contribute to the functional specification (EPS), test specification (TPS), design specification (EDS) and qualification document (TAR) of the Safety Handling System.
- Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions.
- Maintain knowledge and roadmap concerning the Safety Handling System within the ASML products.
- Act as a technical coach for designers and other team members.
Bachelor degree or higher in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Multiple years of experience as architect and/or designer of Electrical Safety Handling functions, including experience with working in multidisciplinary design teams to establish agreement on specifications.
- Proficient in general electrical engineering principles and electrical development methods and processes.
- Has experience with industrial networks (Profibus, Profinet, etc..) including SIEMENS PLC, both hardware and software.
- Has knowledge of and experience in safety systems and international standards (like IEC62061, ISO13849-1, NFPA79, IEC/EN60204, etc.)
- Has knowledge on standards for EMC and electrical safety (International (IEC) standards, US standards (NFPA, UL)) and preferably SEMI.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social- and communication skills;
- Structured with eye for details.
- Leadership. Ability to give technical direction in a team of designers.
- Accurate, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving.
- Persuasiveness and decisiveness. Pragmatic attitude.
- Quality focus.
- Fluent English in word and in writing (Dutch preferable).
Context of the position
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design, and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio.Within the sector D&E, the cluster Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, and qualification of electronic functions and modules of these products. Within EDEV the group Electrical Infrastructure DUV is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of the electrical infrastructure, mains distribution and safety handling functions needed for all DUV scanner products.
The Architect Safety Handling will report to the group leader Electrical Infrastructure DUV.
Please add your recent CV and motivation / cover letter to your application for this position.