7 days ago - req16043
Junior / Medior Software Test Engineer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Even though ASML is classified as a hardware company, we actually have one of the world’s largest and most pioneering software communities. It would be impossible for our lithography systems to manufacture chips at such increasingly small dimensions without the software we develop. As a result, our lithography systems are now a hybrid of high-tech hardware and advanced software. Our development teams work across a range of coding practices, providing innovative solutions to the intricate problems that affect the chip-making systems at the heart of the electronics industry.
As a Software Test Engineer you evaluate the functionality of the software and try to identify the defects to ensure that the software is defect free, so quality is ensured.
It is your mission to test and report on the quality of ASML’s software. You prevent issues from reaching the customer.
We have 3 Junior / Medior Software Test Engineer positions open within 3 different departments.
Within our Development & Engineering (D&E) Mechatronics & Measurement department we are looking for a Software Test Engineer with integration experience who will be working in multidisciplinary projects running in Wilton, USA. You will seamlessly integrate and support remotely developed modules and be a liaison between Veldhoven and Wilton.
• Support and integrate in the US developed software;
• Execute test plans on in Veldhoven or Wilton located hardware;
• Work in multidisciplinary project teams;
• Experience in troubleshooting systems and diagnostics;
• Interfacing with Software integration engineers of other departments and US colleagues;
• Contributing in the documentation of requirement, design and testing;
• Has specialist knowledge in the field of software. Basic knowledge of the ASML software processes and Calibration Performance Diagnostics (CPD) framework is preferred;
• Working with and modifications of driver software and CPD software;
• Must have affinity with Software tools and scripts;
• Supportive towards Proto, Pilot and Volume production;
• Flexibility with respect to working times;
• Regular (5%) traveling to the USA can be applicable
Within our Metrology Software department we orchestrate the behavior of powerful mechatronic modules, so that together they achieve an extraordinary combination of speed and accuracy. It is the brain of ASML lithography systems. The software metrology groups interact with each other on a project basis. These groups are composed of software engineers and architects who design, implement, test and maintain software according to functional specifications.
As test engineer you are part of one of the teams responsible for implementing system functionality. You take the lead in defining a test approach / strategy and deliver functionality in close cooperation with the team you work in. In parallel you aim to improve test coverage and effectiveness. You do this in alignment with the overall test strategy and software strategy of our architects.
• You define, refine, optimize, automate, execute and report on testing at several levels. Ranging from unit test, integration test to system level functional test;
• You employ risk-based testing in your work;
• You perform hands on work to automate, maintain and improve the test infrastructure;
• You are the main consultant for the developers on test competence;
• Together with the test architect, you define tests that need to be executed to verify system functionality while keeping a healthy balance between time to market and risk. You use risk-based testing to ensure finding the right balance;
• You help teams to judge impact and risks. Lead time and test quality are important to you;
• You continuously seek ways to improve the efficiency and effectivity of your work;
• You suggest process/tooling improvements where necessary and help drive them;
Within our Applications Software department we create new types of products that helps our customers to improve the quality of their designs and their manufacturing process. These products measure deficiencies in the customer’s process and use ASML’s wafer scanners to correct them. System level testing is a very important step in the development process of our products and ensures that the system meets specifications.
The System Test Engineer is a key participant in the system level test process and provides important input to the product release decision making process. As a System Test Engineer you are a member of the Applications System Test & Integration team.
You define, create, execute and report on system level tests. You perform both regression and progression testing. Together with the Test Architect, you define the tests that need to be executed to verify the functionality and performance of our products. While executing the system tests, you detect and register issues. You work with development teams in diagnosing the issues and re-testing solutions.
You report the issues found and enable the product teams to judge the impact and risks of the issues. Lead time and test quality are important; you continuously seek ways to improve the efficiency and effectivity of your work. During the alpha test period, the team is expected to work outside regular office hours. The test & integration team is close to 20 people and follows an Agile/Kanban way of working.
You perform several of the following tasks:
• Software baseline validation;
-Execute the basic regression test on the software baseline;
• Quality check of the project deliverables;
-Contribute to requirement reviews with respect to testability;
-Review project input documents (project test report, process conformance);
-Provide a quality verdict of the delivered software; Accept/reject deliverables;
• Execute the alpha test of new software packages;
-Execute alpha tests;
-Write test reports, submit issue tickets;
• Process improvement;
-Suggest process/tooling improvements where necessary.
Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
• For all 3 roles we are looking for a Software Test Engineer who has had a first Software Test work experience of 2 years, but has no more than 5 years of experience in total;
• ISTQB certified or similar;
• Preferred are candidates who have work experience in one or more of the following skills: C/C++, Java, Python, Linux/Unix, test automation and continuous integration (CI).
You are flexible, result driven, have a “make it happen attitude”, are a good communicator and a self-starter. You have an eye for detail and are accurate in the work execution. You can combine pragmatism in execution with a structural process approach.
Context of the position
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
If you have a strong preference for one of the specific departments, please note this down in your personalized motivation letter.