30+ days ago - req16068
System Integration Engineer
In a nutshell
Chandler - AZ, US
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
The TF Install Operations department serves ASMLs customers worldwide and installs ASML equipment safe and efficiently. The installations exceed customer expectations in both speed and quality. The job mission of the System Install Engineer is to all types of lithographic systems in a continuously changing market.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry.ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
- The System Integration Engineer is expected to calibrate and qualify the machine on site, according to a pre-defined test-sequence similar to the tests that have previously been performed in Veldhoven.
- Analyze applicability, accuracy and adherence to design specifications.
- Recommend design changes or substitution of materials when appropriate.
- Evaluate and diagnose problems and make appropriate repairs.
- Work with co-workers, and the customer in isolating and solving problems.
- Answer customer questions and assist customers in a professional manner.
- Act as a resource for users on routine malfunctions.
- Advise users of appropriate actions to correct malfunctions and may recommend changes in user procedures.
- Perform administrative and coordination duties, including pass-downs, work orders, field service reports, system problem reports, and monthly reports.
- Prepare written technical reports on an independent basis.
- Provide if appropriate support and assistance to less experienced ASML or local personnel as necessary.
- Bachelor (BSc) in an engineering field (Mechatronics, electronic) or equivalent experience.
- Experience in High Tech Industry is an advantage.
- Must be able to speak/read/write English language.
- Analytical thinking.
- Processing large amounts of information.
- Service orientated.
- Good communicator.
- Team worker.
- Operating independently.
- Business sense.
- Cultural awareness.
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability