30+ days ago - req16119
Competence Manager (Bouwkundig Expert)
Other corporate functions
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
As Competence Manager (Bouwkundig Expert) you are the functional owner of our civil assets. You are responsible for the development of strategies, standards, and policies on a local and global level for assets in your expertise. You are, together with the other Competence Managers, the owners of the Engineering Design Guidelines and (long term) asset management plan and a trusted advisor on what performance and requirements definitions of critical assets to use.
You contribute to the Industrial masterplan by feasibility studies and have a leading role to establish global competence and quality knowledge and/or standards to be applied worldwide. All of this based on and executed within Corporate Real Estate's (CRE) strategic pillars Safety, TCO, Flexibility, Business alignment, Wellbeing and Sustainability.
The role of competence manager is a global role, but with emphasis on Veldhoven, the largest production facility of ASML worldwide. Maintenance, projects, workplace and facility management processes conducted by CRE are related to the highly complex (clean room) production areas where multiple installations and utilities are configured to work together and maintained with emphasis on business continuity and continuous uptime.
On global level
- Are responsible for establishing the performance requirements, deriving strategies, policies, standards and tooling for the assets. You are also responsible for the development of a global asset management plan and maintaining the Engineering and Design Guideline documents.
- Are expected to have a leading role in developing a global level of (asset) expertise and standards to be applied worldwide and initiate global knowledge sharing with local colleagues.
- Are responsible for planning, driving and supporting the implementation of new or changed standards, guidelines and tooling and supporting colleagues at other sites in the translation of standards.
On local level
- Are as functional owner of our civil assets responsible for the performance requirements of these assets. This entails the performance of assets, managing the risks related to assets, effective set-up of assets and an effective cost strategy, resulting in an optimal balance between costs, risk and performance, hence ensuring safety and business continuity.
- Are responsible for ensuring that the architectural and civil assets are reliable to minimize the risk on business disturbance or damage. Therefore as a functional owner you need to cooperate with the maintenance team to define the required maintenance levelso that you are able to ensure the reliability of the assets.
- Continuously optimize the usage of the applicable assets enhancing the life cycle, the performance, sustainability, safety, uptime and costs.
- Are responsible for conducting (feasibility) studies to optimize performance and capabilities of assets, supported with analysis, calculations or expert advice and propose projects to upgrade or improve certain aspects of the building or site.
- Are as a functional owner responsible for the development and maintaining the fire safety documents for each building and the area specifications per building function.
- Support new build projects and brownfield projects with design requirements, risk assessments and design reviews to achieve the desired result which is the best for ASML.
- Ensure that changes stay within the boundaries of the total building compliance.
Bachelor or Master in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant working experience.
- Architectural and civil knowledge in a broad spectrum e.g. knowledge about materials, fire safety, building structure, building physics and legislation.
Context of the position
ASML is the global leading company in lithography-based chip-making equipment. CRE enables the mission of ASML by providing and maintaining a consistent set of physical assets (buildings, production facilities and workplaces) to support the primary processes of ASML in an optimal manner.
- Internal interfaces include: Quality & Standardization experts, Commissioning & Acceptance Managers, Modeling and Simulation Engineers, Program Managers, CRE Project teams, Data Information & System teams, Hard and Soft Service Specialists, Contract & Supplier Managers:
- Cross sector key users and counterparts in the various business environments
- Consulting and alignment activities with teams in e.g. Wilton, San Diego and Linkou
As you are part of the new Competence and Quality team, you are expected to take a leading role in establishing the team and developing the Competence and Quality Framework. You are also challenged to maintain and innovate the framework for the sector. By doing so, the team enables CRE to rely upon high quality Competence and Quality Management to manage the buildings, production facilities/utilities and support other processes like space planning, real estate planning and reporting and dashboards.
Only applications via the system will be taken into procedure.Please apply by uploading your resume and cover letter.