24 days ago - req16118
Competence Manager Process Utilities
Other corporate functions
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Have you got experience working in process engineering in a high tech industry? Then we would like to get in touch.
The Corporate Real Estate department of ASML is looking for a Competence Manager Process Utilities who is responsible for the performance and requirement definitions of assets related to process utilities.
As Competence Manager you develop guidelines and determine the (long term) capacity and specifications for assets in your expertise. You are part of the Competence & Quality team of the CRE (Corporate Real Estate) organization that manages the physical assets through its complete lifecycle to support the production process of ASML in an optimal manner.
As Competence Manager Process Utilities you are the functional owner of our assets related process utilities. You are responsible for all the water supply systems, plant vacuum systems, instrument and clean dry compressed air (CDA) systems and chemical delivery and collections systems.
You contribute to the development of strategies, standards and policies on a global and local level for the assets in your expertise. You are, together with the other Competence Managers, the owners of the Engineering Design Guidelines and (long term) utility masterplan.You are considered a trusted advisor on what performance is required to ensure business continuity and to adapt to changes within the domain and within the ASML environment.
You contribute to the Industrial masterplan by feasibility studies and have a leading role to establish global competence and quality knowledge and/or standards to be applied worldwide. All of this based on and executed within CRE’s strategic pillars Safety, TCO, Flexibility, Business alignment, Wellbeing and Sustainability.
This position requires experience in facility management.
On global level
- Responsible for establishing the performance requirements, deriving strategies, policies, standards, tooling and the masterplan for the related assets. You are also responsible for maintaining the Engineering and Design Guideline documents for applicable asset (systems) and ensuring applicability of the guidelines worldwide.
- Expected to have a leading role in developing a global level of (asset) expertise and standards to be applied worldwide and initiate global knowledge sharing with local colleagues.
- Responsible for planning, driving and supporting the implementation of new or changed standards, guidelines and tooling and supporting colleagues at other sites in the translation of standards.
On local level
- As functional owner responsible for the performance requirements of assets related to process utilities. This entails the performance of assets, managing the risks related to the assets, effective set-up of assets and an effective cost strategy, resulting in an optimal balance between costs, risk and performance, hence ensuring safety.
- Responsible for ensuring that the assets related to process utilities are reliable to minimize the risk on business disturbance or damage.
- Expected to continuously optimize the usage of the applicable assets enhancing the life cycle, the performance, sustainability, safety, uptime and costs.
- Responsible for conducting (feasibility) studies to optimize performance and capabilities of assets, supported with analysis, calculations or expert advice and propose projects to upgrade or improve certain aspects of the building or site.
- Expected to manage and delegate work to engineering consultancy companies and provide them with the correct requirements, statement of work and briefing to execute work.
Bachelor or Master in process or mechanical engineering.
Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant working experience in consultancy or (high tech / high purity) industry.
Context of the position
ASML is the global leading company in lithography-based chip-making equipment. CRE enables the mission of ASML by providing and maintaining a consistent set of physical assets (buildings, production facilities and workplaces) to support the primary processes of ASML in an optimal manner.
The role of competence manager is a global role, but with emphasis on Veldhoven, the largest production facility of ASML worldwide. Maintenance, projects, workplace and facility management processes conducted by CRE are related to the highly complex (clean room) production areas where multiple installations and utilities are configured to work together and maintained with emphasis on business continuity and continuous uptime.
As part of the new Competence and Quality team, you are expected to take a leading role in further development of the Competence and Quality Framework in your domain. You are also challenged to maintain and innovate the framework for the sector. By doing so, the team enables CRE to rely upon high quality Competence and Quality Management to manage the buildings, production facilities/utilities and support other processes like space planning, real estate planning and reporting and dashboards.