24 days ago - req16131
Competence Manager Smart Technologies
Other corporate functions
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Are you the smart technology expert we are looking for?
The Corporate Real Estate department of ASML is seeking to recruit a Competence Manager Smart Technologies who is responsible for the performance and requirement definitions of our assets related to smart technologies. As Competence manager you develop guidelines and determine the (long term) capacity and specifications for assets related to your expertise. You are part of the Competence & Quality team of the CRE (Corporate Real Estate) organization that manages the physical assets through its complete lifecycle to support the production process of ASML in an optimal manner.
This position requires experience in facility management.
As Competence Manager Smart Technologies your main purpose is to facilitate the introduction and maintenance of smart technologies within the CRE domain. This includes the application of smart building principles, telemetry and smart industry elements, such as IoT. All of this based on and executed within CRE’s strategic pillars Safety, TCO, Flexibility, Business alignment, Wellbeing and Sustainability.
You contribute to the development of strategies, standards and policies on a global and local level for assets in your expertise. You are, together with the other Competence Managers, the owners of the Engineering Design Guidelines and (long term) masterplan and a trusted advisor on what performance is required to ensure business continuity and to adapt to changes within the domain and within the ASML environment.
The role of competence manager is a global role, but with emphasis on Veldhoven, the largest production facility of ASML worldwide. Maintenance, projects, workplace and facility management processes conducted by CRE are related to the highly complex (clean room) production areas where multiple installations and utilities are configured to work together and maintained with emphasis on business continuity and continuous uptime.
On global level
- Responsible for the competence smart technologies and the development of the strategies, policies, standards, tooling and masterplan for the assets related to smart technologies
- Expected to design and specify smart technology systems for (new) facilities.
- Expected to have a leading role in developing a global level of (asset) expertise and standards to be applied worldwide and you initiate global knowledge sharing worldwide together with local colleagues.
- Responsible for generating and maintaining the Engineering and Design Guideline documents for applicable asset (systems) and ensure applicability of the EDG’s worldwide.
On local level
- As functional owner of the smart technologies, are expected to take a leading role in initiating innovations in the domain of smart technologies systems.
- Responsible for defining optimum system infrastructure and set-up to secure business continuity, safety and security in Veldhoven and secure system integrity of on-line monitoring of technical installations 24/7.
- Expected to optimize systems as well as continuously improve how to visualize performance to increase quality, minimize downtime, reduce safety risks, improve performance of technical installations and create faster diagnostics.
- Advising in making decisions about the purchase of systems, software or applications and you are responsible for managing and delegating work to engineering consultancy companies.
Bachelor or Master in a relevant engineering discipline.
Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant working experience.
We are looking for someone enthusiastic to become part of the new Competence and Quality team and eager to contribute to building a strong Competence and Quality framework for your domain.
- Well-developed in-depth analytical skills
- Ability to ensure accountability
- Ability to manage complex situations
- Capable to think and plan ahead
- Well-developed ownership and entrepreneurship skills
- Capable to drive results and decision-making processes
- Well-developed strategic thinking and innovation skills
- Well-developed communicative and advisory skills
- Capable to manage judgement and informed decision making
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, proficient in English.
Context of the position
ASML is the global leading company in lithography-based chip-making equipment. CRE enables the mission of ASML by providing and maintaining a consistent set of physical assets (buildings, production facilities and workplaces) to support the primary processes of ASML in an optimal manner.
As part of the new Competence and Quality team, you are expected to take a leading role in further development of the Competence and Quality Framework in your domain. You are also challenged to maintain and innovate the framework for the sector. By doing so, the team enables CRE to rely upon high quality Competence and Quality Management to manage the buildings, production facilities/utilities and support other processes like space planning, real estate planning and reporting and dashboards.