12 days ago - req16114
Senior Floor Designer
Other corporate functions
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Do you have experience in Facility Management, specifically in Workplace Management and interior office design? As Senior Floor Designer of Corporate Real Estate – Strategic Housing you are responsible for the functional workplace designs of office floors for all ASML locations in the Netherlands. Together with the colleagues in your team you manage and ensure a high level of business satisfaction on workplace interior decoration and design.
You proactively manage developments and opportunities in the field of workplace architecture and translate these into workplace solutions and floor designs for all sectors and business lines within ASML. You drive topics like new ways of working and new work styles in order to efficiently design & support the development of our workplace experience.
The job mission of the Senior Floor Designer is to manage and deliver optimal office space design solutions for all ASML employees. Together with the Strategic Housing & Workplace Experience experts, Business Partners, Architects and other colleagues in the team you collect the needs, translate these and develop state-of-the-art future oriented workplace and floor designs that create the best workplace experience, enabling our colleagues to excel.
As the Senior Floor Designer you are responsible to create and secure a broad supported office-, and workplace design master plan which enables the way of working for entire sectors and balances the functional interior design of a building and its facilities such as workplaces, meeting rooms, and other general facilities. You work together with workplace concept designers, Business Partners and Project Managers to make sure that each part of the design is delivered as agreed upon with various stakeholders, keeping in mind that our business developments are an ever uncertain factor for the designs and sectors alter their housing requirements constantly.
You monitor the balance between workstyles and floor designs, the use of actual space which is needed to create the best workplace experience and you will achieve the best-fit approach being aware of and sensitive for the impact of new ways of working and new work styles for involved employees and pay attention to this in the approach. You bring a broad scope and network of peers to keep knowledge up to date and introduce improvements. Upon request you will advise teams around the world regarding floor design and intermediate for new workstyles and activities.
- Design and deliver the best-fit workplace solutions in compliance with the needs of the client (the business) andour workplace concept guidelines.
- Collect and analyze workstyles/-activities to define the space and functional needs of the business and translate into designs
- Create foundation and present floor designs as part of a larger design master plan for entire sectors and buildings and advise the business accordingly
- Organize and lead workshops to derive specifications. Cooperate with Business Partners, Project Managers architects and other experts to incorporate all required perspectives
- Advise our project organization and deliver the functional floor plans to the Project Manager to execute the project and adjustments in the workplace, also drive an validate project execution according to your guidelines
- Ensure that both the designs and the realization of the requirements is in compliance with business needs and mange stakeholders accordingly
- For major projects, act as client to workstyle architects and/or designers to develop the best-fit solution
- Generate and develop ideas for improvement of the existing workplace guidelines and provide input for development/improvement of workplace solutions, products and processes
- Signalize and identify required support of other disciplines and actively involve relevant specialist knowledge.
- BSc or MSc degree in facility management, real estate management, or organizational studies.
- 5-7 years of relevant working experience in facility management, office workplace concepts and workplace management. Experience in large campus and/or production facilities are a plus.
- Experience and up to date knowledge of interior office design, workplace concepts and managing multiple (senior) stakeholders.
Context of the position
The role of the Senior Floor Designer is a local role, with emphasis on Veldhoven, the largest production facility of ASML worldwide. Maintenance, projects, workplace and facility management processes conducted by CRE are related to the highly complex (clean room) production areas in a highly demanding and ever changing environment. Aside from that, on daily basis the campus, and other locations in Veldhoven facilitate an appealing working environment to +/- 14.000 employees. ASML has several other production facilities and offices worldwide.
ASML is the global leading company in lithography-based chip-making equipment. CRE enables the mission of ASML by providing and maintaining a consistent set of physical assets (buildings, production facilities and workplaces) and services to support the primary processes of ASML in an optimal manner. Internal interfaces include:
- CRE Business Partners, Program Managers, Experts in Workplace & Employee Experience such as workplace concept experts, Architects, Transition Managers and Solution Specialists
- Cross sector key users and managers of diverse backgrounds (contacts in the business and production departments).
- Consulting and alignment activities with worldwide local teams to assure one global way of working.
- Suppliers of CRE Strategic Housing & Workplace Experience and other consultancy companies.
The Senior Floor Designer is part of the Strategic Housing & Workplace Experience team which is responsible for managing and securing the entire workplace experience for ASML. The team is built as a strong solution and advisory team with complementary roles such as space planners, solution and data specialists who are responsible for all housing solution requirements and planning, program managers who collect and manage all workplace related questions around the world and expertise managers on workplace experience such as Workplace concept designers and wellbeing experts who make sure that all employees work in a stable and efficient office workplace environment