30 days ago - req16208
Data Subject Matter Expert - Corporate Real Estate
Other corporate functions
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Do you want to be part of progress and innovation?
The Corporate Real Estate (CRE) - Data Subject Matter Expert is responsible to manage CRE data on global, regional and local level to maintain usability and quality of data. You will be part of the new global Data Management Team of CRE that manages all the data in the field of asset maintenance, real estate planning, project management, workplace management and facilities management. You enable CRE to rely upon high quality data to manage the buildings, production facilities/utilities and support other processes like maintenance, services, space planning, real estate planning, workplace management and reporting and dashboards.
To master the Data Management vision, strategy and processes of CRE. You manage the landscape of the CRE data and are the trusted advisor on what data, applications, tools and systems to use in the CRE processes. The main purpose of the Data Subject Matter Expert is to manage and enable data and information that supports the CRE business processes, which is directly impacting ASML’s operations. You contribute by maintaining a consistent set of physical, functional and performance characteristics and master data to manage assets of ASML balancing risks, performance and costs and contribute to evidence-based decision making. You continuously improve the data management processes and contribute to a state-of-the-art data framework. You look outside of the ASML world and maintain a network with peer experts to keep knowledge of 3rd party data tooling up to date. You develop guidelines in order to meet industrial standards and re-engineer the business processes in CRE scope (together with expert colleagues) to contribute to smart-analytics in e.g. predictive maintenance strategies and business planning processes.
The role of CRE Data Subject Matter Expert is a global role, but with emphasis on Veldhoven, the largest production facility of ASML worldwide. Maintenance, projects, workplace and facility management processes conducted by CRE are related to the highly complex (clean room) production areas where multiple installations and utilities are configurated to work together and maintained with emphasis on business continuity and continuous uptime. Aside from that, on daily basis the campus in Veldhoven facilitates an appealing working environment to +/- 12.500 employees. ASML has several other production facilities and offices worldwide.
As one of the CRE Data Subject Matter Experts you manage the data, systems, tools and instruments in a certain field (as Product Owner) as well as the overall data management framework. You are responsible for the continuous improvement of processes, procedures and quality of the data as part of the CRE Master Data Plan. Next to this, together with your colleagues of the CRE Data Management Team, you set the guidelines for using several systems, standardization, independency/ownership of data and uniform global way or working. In this role you report to the Data Domain Manager.
- Act as SPOC towards the Business Process Owners and the (key) suppliers to ensure that they comply to the specifications and protocols set by you.
- Contribute to the design and development of the Master Data Plan.
- Translate business process requirements into both transactional data and master data requirements towards IT and drive implementation.
- Develop the data quality plan for your field of expertise to maintain quality of data and translate this to procedures (process management).
- Are responsible for the intake and coordination of mass execution requests on global, regional, country or sector levels.
- Enable and support other sites and facilities of ASML worldwide how to implement data management processes and systems/tooling in order to manage the CRE processes.
- Give advice to (senior) management about their data management requirements (e.g. using user stories), and support their processes by giving advice on applications, systems and data analytics.
- The role of CRE Data Subject Matter Expert is new, therefore you are expected to take a leading role (as expert in your field) in establishing data ownership inside business teams. You are challenged to create business awareness for the importance of data and subsequently getting business teams to act as owner and support them to make disruptive improvements in the use and availability of (smart) data and information.
Bachelor or Master in information technology, business management, engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
The SME preferably has knowledge or been trained in these expertise areas:
- Configuration Management
- Master Data, Material related master data, Asset master data & BoM data
- Master Data Governance, SAP Business Objects-Data Services/Information Steward
- People change management
- Project management
- Process / Procedure orientated
Experience with or knowledge about a variety of building automation systems (SCADA, iFix, GE Historian etc.), drawing management systems (Meridian), ERP systems used in maintenance (f.e. Planon) is a plus.
The CRE Data Subject Matter Expert is not expected to be deeply specialized/skilled in all these systems but knowledgeable to develop vision and strategy for optimal use of systems and translation to data needs and how to derive relevant (steering) information.
We are looking for someone that is enthusiastic to become part of a new team and eager to contribute to building a strong Data Management framework in the next years. Additionally, passion for technical environments and maintenance (hard services) is a plus.
- Conceptual thinker but also able and eager to drive concepts to concrete plans and results.
- Feels ownership to bring solutions to a success.
- Ability to structure and conduct analysis to generate insight and recommendation.
- Well-developed project management skills.
- Capable to manage complex issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, proficient in English.
Context of the position
ASML is the global leading company in lithography-based chip-making equipment. CRE enables the mission of ASML by providing and maintaining a consistent set of physical assets (buildings, production facilities and workplaces) to support the primary processes of ASML in an optimal manner. The CRE Data Subject Matter Expert ensures high quality master data framework and processes for CRE, supporting monitoring, management and decision making processes.
Internal interfaces include:
- Corporate Data Governance Business Lead, Project Manager, Director, Sr. Manager, IT PL, Change Specialists, CRE Specialists.
- Cross sector business departments and supplier key users.
- Consulting and alignment activities with teams in e.g. Wilton, San Diego and Linkou to assure one global way of working and drive implementation projects at these sites.