30+ days ago - req16263
Project Manager (Workplace and Transition Manager)
Other corporate functions
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other corporate functions
IntroductionASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager(Workplace & Transition Manager) to join our Corporate Real Estate (CRE) Facilities team in San Diego. Responsible to facilitate ASML employees, customers, suppliers and visitors to provide optimal working conditions in a safe and comfortable environment for San Diego and west coast locations. Includes redevelopment of key operating and maintenance functions, development and improvement of processes, establishment of metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Manages facilities operations to provide a safe work environment for employees, visitors and customers.
- Responsible for tracking and monitoring facilities and general building maintenance programs.
- Provides hands-on management and individual support for facilities projects.
- Competitively bids out, negotiates, manages and implements the acquisition of goods and services associated with facility and presents recommendations and presentations to senior management.
- Manages applicable vendors in support of facilities and related administration activities.
- Assists with identifying high quality service and cost effective solutions across critical business support functions (facilities operations, soft and hard services).
- Leads the creation and maintenance of standard operating procedures for facilities operations.
- Mentors and supervises facilities team members and vendors to ensure the facilities operations run smoothly.
- Conducts routine facilities audits to ensure facilities are being properly maintained, vendors are performing per their contracts, safety and security systems are operating properly, regularly scheduled maintenance is performed on equipment, HVAC systems, elevators and other equipment and all areas of the facility are maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
- Oversees related requests for proposals, contract specifications and purchase requisitions.
- Oversees preventive and corrective maintenance programs for all facilities.
- Coordinates and reviews design and construction of facilities improvement upgrades to provide Operation and Maintenance perspective on new projects for maintenance efficiency.
- Oversees requests and approvals for capital projects.
- Coordinates with local/state authorities, involving facility operation or building concerns and permitting/regulations.
- Participates and supports the environmental health and safety emergency response team.
- Compliance knowledge of building codes, fire/life safety regulations and OSHA requirements desired.
- Creates, tracks, and ensures schedules, budgets, costs, creates purchase requisitions,approves invoices, verify completion and quality, performance targets (specifications), resource plans, manufacturability, reliability, and other general engineering planning activities.
- Ensures that the facilities project plan is communicated and followed within the program’s engineering team.
- Provides feedback to on ways to improve the facilities project planning.
- Assesses and highlights risks and develops mitigation plans.
- Proactively communicates issues and manages the solution paths.
- Ensures excellent cross-functional communication (through effective meetings, email, and other means) to ensure coordination between Engineering functional areas and other departments.
- Performs reviews on key developments, KPIs and drives necessary changes into the Facilities Process and Procedures or other applicable areas.
- Interprets, implements, and monitors modifications to department methods, processes and policies that affect multiple work groups.
- Leads facilities and cross-functional team members consisting of individual contributors and managers to create and execute product development schedules in compliance with corporate roadmaps, business and facility planning guidelines, and program manager/executive guidance on projects.
- Expedites facility project process as required to achieve approved program plans.
- Creates presentations as required to support internal and external program reviews.
- Your challenge is to ensure a constant high level of facility operations in line with existing policies and guidelines. You will further contribute to develop policies and guidelines as ASML evolves.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering from an ABET accredited university. A minimum of ten (10) years total development experience with three (3) years previous in Facilities with a minimum of five (5) years project management experience leading complex technical projects/activities.
- Requires strong skills in contract management, development and improvement of processes, establishment of metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Desirable: Strong technical knowledge desired in general HVAC, clean room filtration, boilers, water purification, wastewater collection and treatment, central plant utilities exhaust ventilation, air treatment systems, high-purity gas distribution, gas detection, safety alarm systems, electrical distribution and clean room operations.
- Certified Facility Manager (CFM), Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP) or Energy Professional designation is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communications skills (English language) and working experience in an international setting with the ability to work with other cultures.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building. Sensitive, adaptable, professional and articulate when dealing with others and acts proactively to customer needs.
- Experience with Microsoft suite of programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project)
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to influence, motivate, mentor, and lead team resources.
- Ability to solve problems and implement solutions to complex problems with available resources.
- Ability to lead and manage consulting engineering teams to successfully meet project objectives.
- Excellent problem-solving techniques with organizational, reasoning, planning, and motivational skills.
- Demonstrated success as a hands on leader / manager with a sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities and projects under pressure.
- Good meeting practices (proper attendance, agendas, start/stop times, minutes, actions, follow-through).
- Ability to plan development expenses over a quarter to quarter period and track expenses.
- Ability to adapt processes to improve inefficiencies and accelerate product development.
- Excellent decision making skills and business judgment.
- Ability to define and track short and long-term goals and resources.
- Ability to read and optimize engineering documentation.
- High achiever with ability to coordinate various activities simultaneously and self-prioritize workload.
- Must be a team player, Proactive self-starter; self-motivator; willing to do what it takes to get the job done driven to provide the highest level of customer service with a “can-do, no job too big or small” attitude and work under deadlines.
- Exercise judgement and discretion with regards to sensitive and confidential matters.
- Provides analysis of own work assignments and executes to the operational plan by self-prioritized work.
- Must be available for occasional overtime and weekend hours as needed.
- Professional behavior and appearance at all times.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Proven written and verbal communication skills, analytical, perseverance, problem solving, strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Context of the positionThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills
- The employee is required to move around the campus regularly
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability