30+ days ago - req16321
Customer Support Engineer - based in Dresden, Germany
In a nutshell
Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers, such as GLOBALFOUNDRIES, Bosch, Infineon Technologies and Intel – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
You will be working at our Customer Support (CS) department, but at ASML it is not what the term typically brings to mind. At ASML thousands of our engineers are dedicated to the simple goal of making sure that our lithography systems at our customers’ sites are running smoothly, 24/7. The real ‘magic’ namely begins after a system is shipped to a customer.
As a Customer Support Engineer (CSE) – based in Dresden, Germany you will be an ambassador for ASML at our customers’ sites and you are the first line of support for the repair and maintenance of our DUV lithography and our YieldStar systems around the clock. As CSE you will interface with the customers, peers, local Technical Support Engineers (TSE) and staff management to assure timely and accurate support.
As CSE you are responsible for the repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at the customer site in Dresden and when needed across Europe. Furthermore you are responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. In this job you need to be technically a strong engineer, but also provide our customer with a quality experience by utilizing planning, problem-solving and communication skills. It is of high importance that you develop an ongoing relationship of trust and reliability with customers and co-workers.
In the field it is your aim to detect problems before they can impact production. You carefully monitor each machine’s performance and take corrective action whenever needed. In the rare case that a machine goes ‘down’, our CSE’s spring into action and work together to get it back up and running as fast as possible.
Working in customer support is challenging due to the changing dynamics and pressure to repair machines as quickly as possible. But the work is also very rewarding since you work directly with the customer and the impact of your solutions delivered is directly visible and the end result is always a happy customer.
• Execute regular maintenance and implement upgrades;
• Analyze and diagnose complex problems and make appropriate repairs according our processes and using Best Known Methods (BKM);
• Ensure proper operation of ASML machines at customer site;
• Document your work and create accurate reports, accurately maintain/document time and works actions;
• Monitor system performance;
• If needed effectively escalating problems to the next higher level, based on broad knowledge of most systems, using system documentation, to solve problems;
• Drive improvement via proper channels;
• Provide elementary training to the customer;
• Provide support and assistance to other ASML personnel;
• Ability to work in a pattern based on 12 hour shifts. The CSE works for four consecutive 12-hour days, followed by four consecutive days off (also in the nights and weekends);
• Possess an international driving license.
We have a preference for a candidate with a professional engineering Bachelor degree in Mechatronics or similar.
• You have a background in mechatronics, you will be working hands-on on our machines that have hundreds of sensors and actuators, so you’ll get to both dive in and zoom out, focusing on our precision machines and their overall control. You will tackle exciting challenges by using just the right mix of mechanics, electronics, software and optics;
• Preferred is 2-5 years’ of relevant work experience (e.g. as a Field Service Engineer / Maintenance Technician / Customer Support Technician);
• Experience with 1st line engineering support;
• Strong hands-on engineering and troubleshooting skills;
• Experience in a cleanroom setting;
• We have a preference for a candidate who already had a working experience in the semiconductor industry within the European Union.
• You enjoy working in shifts;
• Good communication skills (able to clearly communicate between key stakeholders of technical, organizational and operational stakeholders) and fluent in English;
• Proven ability to effectively work in a demanding and challenging environment;
• Strong logical thinking, problem solving skills and attention to details;
• Show ownership and responsibility, be able to adapt to customer circumstances, be proactive and drive for changes;
• Be a strong team player, act as one team, give feedback and be open for feedback, show flexibility to backup each other;
• Flexibility, possible support of other ASML sites (mainly Europe) on request;
• Quality focus, enable quality mindset in daily operation, hold your colleagues accountable to deliver quality on daily base;
• Speak up when there is unclarity or when issues occur, recognize them as learning opportunities for the team and yourself.
Context of the position
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Please present your CV and motivation letter in English. If you are currently not living in the region of Dresden in Germany, please clarify specifically in your motivation letter why you want to relocate.