30+ days ago - req16322
FLEX Manufacturing Assembler (2nd Shift)
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
As a FLEX Manufacturing Assembler (2nd Shift), you will perform a wide variety of electronic, electro-mechanical, or opto-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies. Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units. Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications. Each day will present a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Builds and validates precision Opto-mechanical assemblies in strict accordance with procedure
- Uses standardized tools and electric equipment (i.e., torque wrenches, electric and pneumatic screwdrivers and ball drivers) to perform mechanical assembly on opto-mechanical assemblies.
- Enters data into company databases.
- Executes simple standardized process inspections/tests throughout the production process.
- Interfaces with engineers to support special builds, and experiments with detailed instructions
- Collaborates with peers and/or supervisors to resolve problems depending on the level and complexity
- Operates precision cleaning machinery.
- Prepares completed assemblies for shipment.
- Recommends procedural improvements to management.
- Follows control measures and processes to ensure the quality of modules produced
- Identifies and documents discrepant material.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Trains other team members and audits results
- Requires a High School Diploma and/or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum of four (4) years of precision assembly experience required.May have few years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Ability to read Engineering drawings.
- Able to use electric/pneumatic tools.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be able to follow written assembly procedures and Bills of Material.
- Experience with electro-optical and/or Opto-mechanical systems as well as environmental testing is desired.
- Ability to detect visible defects in material under normal lighting with 20/20 or corrected to 20/20 vision.
- Able/willing to work second (2nd) shift, which his Monday through Friday, 2 to 10:30pm.
- Must also be able to train on the first shift for the first 2-3 weeks of employment.
- Experience working with precision optical components is desirable.
- ESD experience helpful.
Context of the position
Please note:FLEX means that you are a temporary, contractor for ASML.When able we convert FLEX personnel to Full time employee (FTE) roles; however there is no guarantee as it depends on performance, headcount and budgets.If offered this position, you will be payrolled through one of our vendor agencies.This role is full time in hours (40 hours per week) and on-site at Cymer/ASML San Diego facilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/DisabilityRequisition will NOT be posted