29 days ago - req16345
Health & Safety Engineer EUV Factory
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering, Other job categories
The complete production process of the ASML wafer scanners takes place within Manufacturing, where most advanced scanners are produced in the EUV (Extreme Ultraviolet) factory. New products and corresponding processes from D&E (Development & Engineering) are transferred into volume-production (including the system installation and qualification process at customer location), and then continuously optimized. EUV machines need special care in terms of safety in the clean room operations. The EHS engineer is responsible to improve Environment, Health and Safety aspects during manufacturing for EUV machines.
The EHS engineer improves safety related operations in the EUV factory, and we are looking for a new colleague with specific knowledge on ASML machines, procedures, and processes. The EHS engineer will go into the cleanroom on a regular base to review work activities and perform safety walks to increase safety awareness. The EHS engineeris also a member of the design safety review boards and will take his/hers factory expertise to improve the safety of the design for new product introductions and process changes within the factory.
Overall the EHS engineer should be a team player and can work proactively in a strong changing environment. Technical knowledge is needed to improve safety by design and following the hierarchy of prevention and control to solve safety issues as early as possible.
- EHS engineer provides advice & helps find solutions for safety issues, to all levels in the factory, from shop floor to senior management level;
- Is responsible to improve the work processes to comply to legal requirements;
- Drives several safety projects and provides input to factory EHS strategy/roadmap so that safety continuously improves;
- Is responsible to make and maintain several departmental Risk Inventarisation and Evaluation (RIE), following up on action plans;
- Provides valuable input in Safety Risk Assessments, FMEA, design safety review board, andcompetence centers to improve “safety by design” from D&E;
- Provides situational overviews and improvements proposals to standardize ways of working across operational sectors via safety competence centers/chapters. Ensures proper rollout of Best Known Methods to factory;
- Member of a factory/GL (Group Lead) staff meeting and reports on a weekly base the safety incidents and reports and challenges safety improvement projects status;
- Increase risk awareness and knowledge level on safety issues within factory, perform safety walks, coaching colleagues to work in a safe way;
- Analyse incidents from the management system and provide improvement proposals to structurally solve them, including followup;
- Is a key player in the improvement of the processes mentioned above;
- Executes concise and to the point reporting on all the above.
- Bachelor degree in technical field
- Safety Engineering (HVK, hoger veiligheidskunde) safety study.
- Affinity with safety and the drive to improve health and safety;
- Solid technical experience and knowhow of the EUV-systems;
- Experience in clean room operations and the related facilities;
- Management / competence /-technical communication to senior level;
- 5 years’ experience in semiconductor industry or other related business.
- Pro-active and takes initiatives within own area of expertise;
- Works independently and can work under pressure;
- Technical knowledge;
- Skills to motivate / influence others;
- Initiative, purposeful, analytical, good communication skills, pragmatic, service attitude;
- Able to cope with a continuous changing environment;
- Familiar with auditing processes in terms of stimulating improvements by constructive checking actions;
- Good communication skills in English and Dutch (both written and verbal);
- Reporting/presenting capabilities.
Context of the position
The holder of the position reports to the EHS manager of EUV factory.