30+ days ago - req16436
System Integration Sequence Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. We can only do so by using the real strength of ASML, the employee. We are proud of who we are, of our achievements, how we accomplish these achievements. Our staff includes some of the most creative thinkers in the world today; 44% of them possess a master’s degree, 33% a bachelor’s degree, including some 600 PhD’s.
The Sequence Engineer is responsible for the management, coordination, planning, preparation, verification and factory support for the Build, Test and Install Sequences. The Sequence Engineer will define process, operator and technical dependencies as a basis for the sequence, in order to secure system availability- and cycle time specifications.
Next to delivering sequences, the sequence engineer will enable the manufacturing process by driving the total work preparation for the factory defined in the 6P matrix.
The Sequence Engineer interfaces with Upgrade Integrators, Upgrade- Install- and Manufacturing Engineers, Production, Planning and Project Leaders.
As a Sequence Engineer you have an important role in the definition and reporting of the 6P deliverables, change control of sequences, the implementation of sequences, setting the requirements for sequence tool and process improvements.
- Define and drive 6P deliverables of D&E functional clusters and
- Report on the industrialization completeness
- Ensure implementation of sequences according to high level sequence design
- Responsible for implementing system level and complex dependencies.
- Responsible for implementing product dependencies on functional cluster level.
- Identify and initiate opportunities for process improvements and define tooling requirements.
- Control sequence changes to ensure quality through the change board.
- Release the sequences to our internal customers.
- Analyze/support system level sequence and integration related cross-sector issues.
- Analyze/implement sequence feedback.
- Manage stakeholders by setting the necessary communication manners (meetings, guidelines, rules, reports etc.) to align deliveries, quality and minimize escalations
- Define opportunities to reduce cycle time
- Align with our internal customer in order to fulfill factory’s and customer support requirements.
- Align with Equipment and Manufacturing Engineers in order to get the correct input for an optimized sequence.
- Acting company-wide over all departments, from Sales to the shop floor.
- Verification of the bill of procedures.
- General proficiency with tools, systems, integration, and procedures required to accomplish the job.
- Bachelor or Master level – preferable technical, industrial engineering (BS in Optical Engineering Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Physics, Applied Physics, or Mechanical Engineering.)
- Knowledge and experiences in sensors, optics, and/or controls of such devices preferred.
As an advantage, not a must:
- Experience in or affinity with the machine industry
- Experience in or affinity with either system testing and integration or configuration management is preferred.
- Experiences in semiconductor equipment development is a strong plus.
- Preferably multiple years working experience is an advantage, not a must.
- Experience in a production environment with high tech products and complex production processes is an advantage, not a must.
- Experience in the field of Technical Work Preparation is an advantage, not a must.
- Organizational, flexible and capable to communicate on all levels.
- Able to defend own opinion
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Proactive attitude
- Able to plan and prioritize
- High degree of autonomy
- Willingness to invest in personal development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, maintenance manuals and engineering sketches.
- Possesses good oral presentation skills and be able to effectively present results in a team meeting.
Context of the position
The Development & Engineering System Integration department (D&E SI) is responsible for defining and driving the system integration of new products/options for full functional machine and performance qualification within time to market target. The D&E SI DE DUV Sequences & Manufacturing Integration group within this department is managing all D&E work preparations for producing and installing Twinscan machines, and delivering the sequences related to that. Work preparation is define in the 6P matrix: P1 Specification; P2 Tools; P3 Procedures; p4 Plant; p5 Skills & Knowledge; p6 Parts. Most of the 6P deliverables are the responsibility of other projects within Development & Engineering.