25 days ago - req16668
System Test Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
Are you an engineer who thinks and acts on system level? Would you like to continuously improve the performance of the machine? Do you define yourself as a person with a "test mentality" whose communication skills are some of his/her best assets? Do you want to use your technical knowledge to define and facilitate the most efficient and effective test and integration strategy? Then the job of a System Test Engineer is just for you!
The DE (Development & Engineering) System Integration Group is responsible for defining and driving the system integration of new products/options for full functional machine and performance qualification within time to market target. System Test Engineer takes the technical lead in the integration of multiple modules/subsystem into one subsystem/complete system and testing their functionalities, including Software, Hardware, Mechatronics and their interfaces. Integration is done on both functional level and on performance level of the key performance indicators of ASML’s systems (throughput, overlay, focus etc.)
System test engineer defines optimal integration and test strategy to achieve this goal and takes part in execution of this strategy on one or more platforms. During integration and introduction of the systems at the first customers, the System Test Engineer will also take the lead in the analysis of complex system issues and in the definition and testing of the solution for such issues.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry.ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
- Define integration strategy for system integration.
- Optimize operational integration efficiency.
- Define test strategy during integration: which items are needed in which order to perform stepwise integration into one system.
- Support/participate in integration tests on the system; develop test scripts to verify new functionalities on Prototypes.
- Report on system integration progress, test results and the system’s functional, performance and reliability capabilities.
- Coordinate intake of subsystem deliveries including the verification of sufficient quality.
- Take lead in analysis of system issues that have been found during integration testing.
- Define both short and long term solutions for system issues.
- Advocate integration way of working and ensure the quality of integration tasks.
- BS in engineering majors, e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Optical Engineering, Physics and etc., or equivalent experience.
- Master degree is preferred.
- Preferably knowledge on ASML machines at system level.
- Experience in integration activities, e.g. as integrator in multidisciplinary project.
- Experience in testing (Software, Multifunctional system, Software/Hardware Interface) at functional level.
- Preferably 1+ year experience within ASML or 3+ externally.
- Analytically strong, enthusiastic, flexible, assertive, proactive, structured.
- Ability to interface/ cooperate with different people on different organizational levels.
- Ability/willingness to attend additional courses.
- Ability/ willingness to work at customer sites for short periods (e.g. 2 weeks/year).
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability