30+ days ago - req16737
EUV Installs Scanner Group Lead
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Other job categories
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Customer Support Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at customer sites and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local Customer Support branches perform these tasks for the customers within the specific region.
As a CS On-site resource you will be responsible for various operational management or coordination of technical installation support of EUV installations at customer sites. In this role you will use resources from CS Factory, local office CS team and other support organizations to install leading edge lithographic systems, at the customer site, within specifications, on time, with quality exceeding the customer’s expectations.
You will be part of an EUV Installation team and depending on role may lead multiple EUV Installation Project leaders through multiple phases of a project:
- Manage the installation of facilities at the customer site.
- Define and maintain safety protocols and standard operating procedures during Installations and have this reviewed by line management.
- Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects determining strategies and objectives as necessary.
- Apply change, risk and resource management.
- Operational planning:
- Provide project planning with pre-defined milestones to the Project manager.
- Convey key milestones to team members (ASML & 3rd party) and coordinate activities to achieve on-time completion.
- Be the ambassador of the Customer Support Installations department.
- Customer Interface:
- Interface with customer providing installation updates, escalation management, and coordinate customer related activities with project team.
- Effectively communicate complex installation and technical details to customers.
- Escalation management:
- Ensure the agreed escalation process is executed.
- Take the lead in escalations that are beyond control of coordinators and team leads, and implement methods and actions that prevent them from recurring.
- Ensure that follow-up actions on reported issues and are on track by partnering with Veldhoven factory assigned coordinator(s).
- Continuous improvement:
- Provide feedback during and at the end of the installation that will enhance future installations, taking costs and cycle time into account.
- Provide performance feedback to line management:
- Provide feedback on PPM targets and suggestions to improve these targets (if needed).
- Coach the team members:
- Coach the team members in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Review the execution phase with the team members on a regular basis.
- Operational planning:
- Daily progress reporting on project status.
- Assess program performance and report to Senior Management as required.
BS degree (Engineering, Metrology, Mathematics, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electronics, (Applied) Physics, Applied Science) or equivalent experience.
- Mechanical aptitude, and knowledge of electronics, semiconductor processes, and relevant software.Knowledge of safety procedures required.
- Previous experience in a customer support environment and in project coordination preferred.
- Experience in a challenging environment with high tech products and complex processes.
- 0-10 years’ work experience leading or coordinating highly technical complex projects.
- Knowledge of semiconductor lithography preferred.
- Good rapport with people, analytical thinker, structured approach, process oriented, and excels in a dynamic environment.
- Must be flexible, stress resistant, and able to work independent as well as in a team.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to digest technical details into information that can be used to make business decisions, communicate with customers, and influence others.
- Able to motivate, drive, steer and convince others at all levels of the organization.
- Result driven.
- Keep a global overview of ongoing strategically important issues.
- Strong technical background and drive towards solutions.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Customer focus.
- Good communication skills towards different levels.
- Multicultural awareness.
- Excellent English language skills in speech, writing, and understanding.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability