15 days ago - req16737
EUV Installs Scanner Group Lead
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Other job categories
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
The holder of this position reports to the EUV Installs Fab Operations Manager and gives operational leadership to a team of engineers who execute and support daily operations both in the office and customer fab. The Group Leader will provide personal management and coaching of the engineers allocated to their team, and ensure a mindset of safety first and continuous improvement is in place.
The Customer Support Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, upgrade, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at customer sites and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local site Customer Support branches perform qualification, repair, upgrades, and maintenance for the customers within the specific region.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry.ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
The EUV Installs Scanner Team Group Leader will work together with their team and global stakeholders to develop and allocate resources for the successful execution of installation projects and ensure that proper knowledge sharing is in place for continuous improvement.
As a Group Leader you are responsible for ensuring your team members have the right skills and proper development plans.
Your main responsibilities:
- Ensure there is a clear understanding of the safe ways of working and that they are followed.
- Prioritize and allocate team members to local and worldwide activities.
- Set challenging targets and execute performance reviews.
- Visualize key areas for operational focus via KPI’s and drive needed actions/improvements.
- Continuously mentor your team to success, improve underperformance and develop talents.
- Coach and develop your team into fully operational engineers.
- Drive continuous improvement in processes and way of working.
- Create and execute department strategy on how to improve company processes.
- Recruit the right team members.
BS degree or equivalent experience.
- Leaders with 3 years of relevant management experience preferred with an affinity for technology and able to learn highly technical items quickly.
- Engineers with 2 years of experience in a similar working environment and 2 years of leadership or supervisory experience.
- Be able to influence with and without power.
- Ability to thrive in a very dynamic and high paced environment.
- Open for cultural differences and able to work with a site of different cultures and ways of working.
- Motivated, pro-active, self-driven, and flexible.
- Good coordination, communication, and customer skills.
- Good documentation skills.
- Multi-tasker with a good ability to work under different working environment pressures.
- Good team player and committed to the success of ASML.
- Verbal and written language skills in English.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-national matrix organization.
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
To be completed
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability