today - req16800
Lead design engineer/ architect Machine Conditioning
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise? To be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation and multiple engineering discipline? If so, then a job of lead designer Infrastructure at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
You will be responsible for the design of the fluid (gases, liquids/cooling and vacuum) infrastructure for the ASML machines. This work consists of a translation of the architecture into a design that meets the requirements; a creation of the 3D design, volume control, engineering changes, and communication to (and where necessary negotiation between) the interfaces. The other part of the work is to make sure the design can be manufactured, will be serviceable and meets the availability requirements.
- Collect specifications for a part of the infrastructure functionality, needed to generate a design
- Design the infrastructure (gas systems, water systems, vacuum systems), document this and present in the organisation where necessary
- Make sure the design is documented with proper models and drawings in NX/TCE
- Guarantee design quality by knowledge, experience and usage of reviewing and risk reducing tools
- Perform the right calculations to predict the functionality. (Key words: Flow, pressure drop, Gas purity, availability, strength, etc.)
- Specify and select appropriate parts and assemblies from suppliers
- Interface with (internal) customers and suppliers
- Steer junior designers in making high quality designs
- Manage farm-out design teams and take ownership of the (external) created designs
- Refine, detail and complete high level functional diagrams (FBD) into detail ducting diagrams (DDD) and Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID)
Technical University Masters or Bachelor in Mechanical engineering, or related.
- Solid mechanical design experience in relevant industry
- Knowledge of fluid (gases, liquids/cooling and vacuum)
- 3 years Lead design experience
- Experience with NX/TCE required
- Candidate should be able to work independently in a dynamic exploitative environment
- Robust personality is a must
- Strong pragmatic attitude with an analytical view
- Good communication skills and good knowledge of English
Context of the position
The department of Environmental Control & Infrastructure (EC&I) is part of the infrastructure cluster within the development and engineering sector of ASML. The task of this department is to develop, deliver, integrate, qualify and maintain functional modules & parts of ASML’s lithography and metrology tools related to temperature control and gas conditioning, covering all fluids and vacuum. Technology areas are: gas-, vacuum- and water-flow control, architecture and design, temperature control.
This is a pipeline vacancy, meaning multiple hiring managers have acces to screen this vacancy. Your application can be added to another vacancy once screened by a hiring manager. This pipeline will also be used when we don't have urgent vacancies to fill but want to connect on future perspective.
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using the button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.