Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
5 days ago - req16800
Lead designer in flow and thermal domains
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Physics
IntroductionAre you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise? To be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation and multiple engineering discipline? If so, then a job of Lead Designer at ASML in the machine conditioning department could be the perfect next step in your career.
You will be responsible for the design of the fluid (gases, liquids/cooling and vacuum) infrastructure, source or scanner for the ASML lithography machines. This work consists of a translation of the architecture into a design that meets the requirements; a creation of the 3D design, volume control, engineering changes, and communication to (and where necessary negotiation between) the interfaces. The other part of the work is to make sure the design can be manufactured, will be serviceable and meets the availability requirements.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Collect, challenge, interpret and enrich the specifications with architects and analysts to a solid base for the generation of a new design
- Create design concepts ( related to gas systems, water systems, vacuum systems), document why choices are made (early EDS chapter/ EDR) and present / align it within in the organization
- In early design phase negotiate and visualize available volumes in the machine with mechanical and electrical infrastructure departments and with machine module owners
- Create bottom-up design related project planning (ASML designers / Farm-out) and align this with both Main deliverable ownerand project leader
- Create regular status updates (reporting) towards program (MDO/PL/PCM) on design progress / Issues and proposed solutions
- Steer ASML designers to making high quality designs while maintaining appropriate project timeline
- Manage farm-out design teams (3-10FTE) on Quality / Technically / Timing and take ownership of the (external) created designs (delegated building block ownership)
- Make sure the design is documented clearly with proper CAD models, drawings and detailed design information in NX/TCE including EDS completion
- Guarantee design quality by knowledge, experience and usage of reviewing and risk reducing tools
- Perform the required calculations to predict the functionality. (Key words: Flow, pressure drop, Gas purity, availability, strength, etc.)
- Specify and select appropriate parts and assemblies from suppliers
- Interface with (internal) customers and suppliers
- Refine, detail and complete high level functional diagrams (FBD) into detail ducting diagrams (DDD) and Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID)
Technical University Masters or Bachelor in Mechanical engineering, or related.
- Solid design experience in complex technical environment
- Experience with 3D CAD systems, preferably Siemens NX
- > 5 years of lead engineer experience
- Experience with working in large groups
- Experience with steering internal and external design teams on Quality / technically and timing
- Preferably working experience in the Netherlands
- You are be able to work independently in a dynamic explorative environment
- Robust personality taking ownership and steer farm-out design teams
- Strong pragmatic attitude with an analytical view combined with good reporting capabilities
- Good communicational skills in presenting (reflect the situation), convincing (get buy-in) and documentation
- Fluent in English.
Context of the position
The cluster Machine Conditioning (MC) is part of development and engineering within ASML. The task of this cluster is to develop, deliver, integrate, qualify and maintain functional modules & parts of ASML’s lithography tools related to temperature control and gas conditioning, covering all fluids and vacuum. Technology areas are: gas-, vacuum- and water-flow control, architecture and design, temperature control.
This is a pipeline vacancy, meaning multiple hiring managers have acces to screen CV's in this vacancy. Your application will be processed in this requisition up until the offer process.