29 days ago - req16859
Senior Customer Support Architect
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Do you want to play a crucial role in improving the efficiency of our Customer Support (CS) engineers? Are you motivated to work in a small team to achieve the most for our engineers within the available budget? Are you able to work in a complex working environment with stakeholders in the field, at suppliers and in our headquarters? If so, you might very well be the right person we are looking for!
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance of ASML systems on customer locations and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process. These systems are very expensive and therefor the bottleneck in the customer fab, meaning that there is a continuous drive to improve the CS performance in terms of quality and efficiency.
CS teams in Veldhoven are responsible to ensure the delivery of means and methods that will enable the teams in the field to perform better. Based on the CS strategy it is determined what capabilities CS needs to have now and in the future. This envisioned future requires that in various Functional Domains improvements are needed (processes, people, organization). For each of those Functional Domains roadmaps are (or need to be) developed that define steps to move into the future. Implementing steps is done through projects, that (in some cases) are part of a bigger program.
The Senior Architect plays an important role in assuring that the different projects fit into the “total picture”, setting the individual project architectural scope, defining logical interfaces and cross-deliverables and guard the coherence between projects from CS business perspective. As such an important task is to ensure the proper sequencing of activities in the program in order to “build first the fundament, then the walls and only after that the roof”.
A job as a Senior Architect within the ASML Customer Support department consists of a diversity of tasks and responsibilities related to multiple Functional Domains.
Main responsibilities that you can expect:
- Secure the (functional) design / architecture across Functional Domains;
- Define logical order of activities based on technical and business constraints and priorities (architecture view);
- Identification of cross-deliverables and definition of logical interfaces;
- Contribute to the program implementation roadmap;
- Review documents from domain architects;
- Review project implementation designs.
- Know best practices in the world;
- Right stakeholder involvement in order to make the right proposals as part of the expected deliverables. Stakeholders can vary from peer architects in the department to senior management in and outside CS;
- Interact with the IT lead implementation architect in order to be the linking pin between business architecture on one side and implementation architecture on the other side.
At least a Master degree.
- Proven track record in functional architecture / decomposition;
- Experience with Customer Support;
- 10+ years of experience in a comparable environment (e.g. complex high tech machines);
- Experience with architecture modeling techniques (e.g. ArchiMate)
- TOGAF certification is a plus.
- Broad interest, ability to master different topics (multiple functional domains);
- “Get things done” mentality;
- Pro-active attitude;
- Affinity with process and information modeling;
- Interpersonal abilities (can relate well to peers and architects from other sectors like IT);
- Influencing without power;
- Effective communicator in English (both oral and written);
- Flexible in work environments and able to operate in the context of different cultures;
- Willing to travel;
- Team player.
Context of the position
The CS Senior Architect reports to the Manager CS Service Design & Engineering (in Veldhoven) and will operate together with Business Architects from the CS Business Architecture group as well as with Functional Domain Architects inside the same team.