6 days ago - req16919
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other job categories
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
The Lean Champion participates in the development and achievement of the Wilton Factory (WF) lean initiatives plan that is aiming at an overall breakthrough onsafety, quality, cost effectiveness, customer satisfaction and employee engagement according to a set deployment roadmap. The Lean Champion co-leads the deployment in close collaboration with the Factory Manager and acts as challenger and catalyst in changing leadership behavior, from Technology leadership to Operational Excellence.Be a member of the Wilton Factory team and collaborate with teams of Lean Change Agents (to be identified). Regularly reports progress solids to Wilton Factory management team.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry.ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Process Management and Continuous Improvement:
- Support the Wilton Factory director in the development and deployment of a mid-long term lean strategy that accelerates the progress of continuousimprovement across Wilton Factory.
- Support the Wilton Factory director in leading the consistent execution of the lean deployment plan across the Factory, Hoshin Planning, KPI Scorecard management and learning, to deliver improved and predictable business results.
- Ensure that all strategic breakthroughs and Continuous Improvement Plans are actioned through high quality plans, and necessary KPI scorecards are in place and well managed to deliver on the key processes which are measured weekly during Tier meetings.
- Make sure all stakeholders are aware of ‘off-standard’ issues and help drive back on track.
- Support the Lean Change Agents (LCA) with proven improvement methodologies to ensure successful completion of their projects.
- Identify waste and opportunities for the business to improve in (among others by using Lean principles and methodologies), as well as reporting and celebrating past successes in these areas from a business perspective.
- Ensure the development and execution of the Wilton Factory lean plans are aligned with WF lean manager in terms of applied approaches, methodologies and within the larger WF roadmap.
- Identify, share and leverage best practices across the Wilton Factory.
- Change Management:
- Develop and lead the change management activities that establishes a culture of continuous improvement.
- Lead the cultural change of Wilton Factory employees (from firefighting culture to working according to standards), including leadership teams in their Lean competence development by coordinating the necessary training and coaching, and build internal capabilities.
- Act as challenger and catalyst in changing leadership behavior for Wilton Factory management team.
- Respectfully challenge the status quo and act as a role model for Lean thinking.
- People Management:
- People management, including selection, development, target setting and performance management of lean change agents with respective Group Leaders.
- Ensure overall high level of talent and engagement levels.
- Authority to make decisions on lean deployment within Wilton Factory as directed by the Wilton Factory director and WF lean Manager.
Bachelor Degree level education, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Manufacturing environment.
- Leadership experience within international matrix organization.
- Proven track record in change management.
- Expert knowledge of lean, process improvement and quality management tools.
- Hands-on mentality, getting things done.
- Ability to persuade and influence others, including senior management (stakeholder management).
- Enthuse colleagues in lean thinking as a business necessity.
- Coaching skills.
- Project Management skills and passion for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Teamwork skills, both as a leader and a team member.
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability