30+ days ago - req16979
Legal Counsel Corporate
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Are you a top performing corporate (in-house) lawyer or candidate civil law notary, who is solution oriented, analytical, quick to adapt and understand complex and dynamic environments, and always looking to improve? Then this may be the role for you!
ASML's Legal Department is responsible for defining and implementing ASML’s worldwide legal strategy and bears the responsibility for all ASML entities worldwide to comply with international laws and regulations, in order to minimize legal risks and to maximize legal and commercial opportunities. The Legal Department consists of a team of highly empowered, business oriented lawyers, supported by paralegals and assistants, working across the globe and based in Europe, US and Asia.
We are now looking to add a new member to our Corporate Team.
The Corporate Team focusses on a broad variety of corporate law issues that occur in a dual listed global operating company, such as securities law, financial market transactions, group restructuring, legal entity management, business Development/M&A support, and disclosures such as annual reporting and press releases. You will also collaborate closely with other corporate departments, such as finance, treasury, and accounting.
As part of the Corporate Team, you will function as sparring partner for management, corporate departments, the business and your colleagues within the Legal Department by advising in a swift and pragmatic manner.
Your roles and responsibilities may include:
- Securities law, including SEC and AFM regulations and filings, disclosures, and insider trading;
- Financial market and corporate finance transactions, such as credit facilities, bonds, stock plans, share buy backs and inhouse banking;
- Annual Report (US GAAP and IFRS), Statutory Interim Report;
- Business Development and M&A;
- Policy related work, e.g. directors manual, authorization policy; and
- Support to other corporate functions as required on ad hoc and project basis.
An academic law degree and excellent credentials.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in an international legal/business environment as legal counsel with a large international company, or as lawyer or candidate civil law notary at a law firm;
- Experience in corporate law related legal support of the board and senior management in the domain of listed companies;
- Knowledge of Dutch corporate and securities law;
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, legal entity database, ability to quickly master new technology).
- Business savvy, with the ability to connect and manage people and to look beyond the legal scope;
- Able to work under time pressure and operate at all levels (boardroom to work floor);
- A flexible multitasker;
- Detail oriented and a quick learner;
- Pro-active and service oriented;
- Able to communicate clearly;
- Able to work in an international, multicultural and multidisciplinary environment;
- A highly motivated and enthusiastic team player;
- Your English and Dutch need to be outstanding both spoken and in writing.
Context of the position
The Corporate Team of ASML’s Legal Department is based in Veldhoven, The Netherlands.
ASML is the world’s leading provider of lithography systems; complex and highly innovative machines that are critical to the production of microchips. With operations all across the globe and a market cap of over EUR 50 billion, ASML is one of the largest technology companies headquartered in Europe.
Interested in this position? Please apply with cv and cover letter.