24 days ago - req17093
Field Application Engineer (Apps)
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
Applications Engineering – Creating Tomorrow’s Value: We pro-actively enable business development and drive customer adoption of a tailored portfolio of sustainable ASML solutions by applying our industry product and process knowledge in a collaborative learning environment.
You are responsible for providing solutions to lithography applications problems related to the optimization of the ASML scanner and its applications performance enhancement options. You will use personally accumulated knowledge supported by a worldwide applications & ASML headquarters’ network, combined with analytical skills to analyze and identify opportunities for ASML scanner optimizations towards improving customer’s on-product performance. Driven by a determination to never give up, you’ll troubleshoot lithography issues potentially related to ASMLs product portfolio. You will do this in close collaboration with the customer, and often connected to the introduction of a new technology node for high volume manufacturing. Your scope includes enabling advanced scanner baseliner products and metrology capable to become a part of customer on process set-up and control. Your proposals for application product improvement can cover a wide variety of solutions concerning scanner set-up and usage, choices in process control strategies, metrology mark choice and design as well optimization.
You are expected to grow into a role where you can represent ASML as a technical expert in the field and get recognition of this by the customer. Since you will be working intimately with customers and sensitive customer data, a high level of integrity is required for securing confidentiality, while at the same time being able to translate customer issues into problem statements for ASML. Due to the scope and impact of this role, it offers you the opportunity to grow further in technical expertise roles, or project or management leadership roles.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry.ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
- Participate and/or lead projects which are aimed at supporting our customer transition to a new technology node or ramp up a specific technology node.
- Define and drive customer requirements for existing or evaluation products based on technical intimacy with the customer.
- Translate a customer on-product issue into a potential lithography or metrology related problem statement, resolve these issues to help them maximize the performance and use of ASML products.
- Participate in pro-actively identifying ASML applications product opportunities for our customer.
- Conduct data analysis to ensure that the correct conclusions are drawn from customers acquired experimental data and results reported to ASML and customer.
- Meet with internal and external customers to maintain two-way level of commitment to keep all involved and affected parties informed of progress.
- Prepare technical presentations for customer meetings.
- Learn and exercise the ASML metrology product portfolio and maximize the application of ASML products & options to the benefit of the customer.
MS or PhD in Physics, Optics, Electronics, Micro-electronics, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science Engineering, Chemical Engineering or IC manufacturing or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of direct Semiconductor industry experience preferred.
- Experience in data analysis with support software (JMP, matlab, python, ..).
- Must have strong organizational, communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Detailed oriented individuals with strong critical thinking, problem solving and follow-up skills.
- Fast learner with strong self-motivation to grow technically; be able to perform job at high standard with minimum supervision, and demonstrated ability to thrive in a high pressure and fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and organize actions effectively and efficiently.
- Basic project management skills.
- Self-starter that shows high drive, creativity, ambition and accountability.
- Challenge the status quo to strive for improvements that adds value.
- Thinking critically and creatively about the situation in order to take calculated risk.
- Encouraging open communication and asking questions to understand different views and get to the heart of the issue.
- Understanding how actions affect the cost and quality of the end products.
- Standardizing and simplifying to add value.
- Aligning goals and making expectation clear to others.
- Celebrating success and the contributions of others.
- Partnering with the members in our ecosystem to adapt quickly to their needs and industry insights.
- Asking for, accepting and providing feedback to drive development.
- Learning from each other to avoid repeating mistakes.
- Seeking collaboration across the entire value chain and matrix organization.
- Creating clarity on our goals, targets, roles and responsibilities.
- Taking ownership and responsibility for our decisions and keeping our promises.
- Making an effort to understand stakeholders and what matters to them.
- Providing a safe environment for all stakeholders.
- Respecting each other and embracing diversity.
- Caring for our environment and avoiding waste.
- Recognizing the importance of our own mental and physical well-being and that of others.
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
Up to 30% travel is include in the job for training and x-site support.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability