9 days ago - req17075
Second Line Source Engineer, Night Shift
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
Drive the performance and maintain an overview and road map for scanner and source subsystems at customer site.The holder of this position reports to the EUV Group Leader and provides indirect and direct support to customers, and direct escalation and competency support to operations.
The Customer Support Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at customer site and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local site Customer Support branches perform qualification, repair and maintenance for the customers within the specific region.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry.ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
This position is for night shift. The EUV 24x7 engineer will work with the Fab team engineers, Competency Engineers, and Global Support Center to drive issue resolution, and provide escalation support. The EUV 24x7 engineer will work with Competency Engineers to provide action plans, incident review and prevention packages, and best known methods.
Your main responsibilities:
- Continuity between the competencies to ensure issue ownership is landed and escalated appropriately.
- Maintain service order documentation up to date.
- Ensure aftercare is performed and adequate.
- Coordinate with the various competencies to resolve issues.
- Drive escalation of issues within the local office and utilizing non-local resources.
- Provide 24/7 support to 1st line engineers.
- Knowledge transfers to local site engineers and customer.
- Improve service mix and structural issue documentation including initiation, review and improvement rollout.
MS engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- Engineers with greater than 5 years’ experience in a CS support department for high tech products.
- Engineers with at least 3 years of ASML micro-lithography system experience preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Previous experience mentoring new hire engineers & helping integrate from a technical and procedural perspective.
- Must take ownership for solving issues and ensures escalations take place.
- Take proactive action for prevention or repeating error.
- Capable of resolving most issues without assistance & highly independent in a shift position.
- Ability to make decisions in the priority of problem solving.
- Work unsupervised and be responsible for projects, track equipment performance and prepare technical reports.
- Take initiative and ownership to increase skill and knowledge level in team.
- Document knowledge systematically and in an accessible way.
- Clear and effective communication skills required.
- Ability to thrive in a very dynamic and high pace environment.
- Multi-task team player with good ability to work under different working environment pressures.
- Open for cultural differences and able to work with a site of different cultures and WOW.
- Motivated, pro-active, self-driven, and flexible.
- Strong customer focus.
- Verbal and written language skills in English.
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability