30+ days ago - req17066
Senior Researcher on Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of semiconductor-chip-making equipment. A majority of the world’s microchips receive their critical lithographic patterning in machines made by ASML. At the ASML Research department, new service and concepts and applications are being invented and designed that will push the limit of what is currently possible.
Keywords: predictive maintenance and knowledge driven diagnostics.
One of the lines of research is directed at capturing knowledge of the system and representing knowledge in such a way that it allows reasoning if combined with actual system data.
We are looking for a Researcherto join the Data-Science Research team. One of the research topics is looking into ways to bring service and diagnostics of complex systems to the next level, by applying Artificial Intelligence (i.e. Knowledge Extraction/Representation) and combining it with system diagnostic data to support reasoning.
You have knowledge, passion and experience in developing and evaluation ofKnowledge Systems. A background in one or more relevant fields, like formallogic, NLP orknowledge representation is required. You are curious by nature, and keep your knowledge up to date by means of reading literature and visiting conferences.
Since this is a relatively new research field within ASML, you are self propelling and have demonstrated to be able to define research questions. You communicate easily, also with academic institutes, and you enjoy to guide, and stimulate others, both internally, but also at universities (i.e. MSc, PhD students).
- PhD / Post-Doctoral researcher in Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning/Knowledge Representation or logic.
- M.Sc. in for instance Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics or Electrical Engineering
- Experience working with tools and programming languages related to knowledge elicitation, representation and reasoning.
- Ability to communicate complex technical andmathematical concepts in a clear and precise manner. Highly valued qualifications
- Experience with leading and motivating a research team.
- Experience and strong interest in Knowledge Elicitation, Representation and/or formal logic.
- You are willing to acquire lithography and other relevant domain knowledge, required to understand the application domain of your research.
- You are enthusiastic, a creative thinker and intrinsically motivated.
- You are self-propelling and can define the research direction.
- Experience with defining and monitoring research projects on academic institutes.
- Good & proactive communication in an international and multidisciplinary environment.
- High personal ambition and drive.
Context of the position
This project is carried out at ASML Research. You will be a member of the Data-Science Research team. You will interact with your peer data scientists and experts from other disciplines, and build relations with relevant academic research institutes.
Keywords: Research, Artificial Intelligence, Knowledge Representation and Elicitation, (Bayesian) reasoning systems, Natural Language Processing, Statistics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Semiconductors, Lithography.