30+ days ago - req17066
Senior Researcher on NLP and Knowledge Systems
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of semiconductor-chip-making equipment. A majority of the world’s microchips receive their critical lithographic patterning in machines made by ASML. At the ASML Research department, new concepts and applications are being invented and designed that will push the limit of what is possible to even smaller structures, higher productivity and accuracy.
In this process, Data-Science and Machine Learning plays a key role to optimize performance and for efficient trouble shooting.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join the Data-Science Research team. We would liketo investigate ways to leverage the strength of Data Science and Machine Learning by applying Artificial Intelligence, with a focus on Knowledge Extraction, Knowledge Representation and Reasoning Systems.
We are interested in individuals with strong knowledge, passion and experience in developing and evaluating Knowledge Systems, Knowledge Representations & Elicitation and Natural Language Processing (NLP) technologies, with a vision on how to apply this to logical reasoning. You are eager to keep up to date on the latest developments by actively monitoring literature and visiting relevant conferences.
Since this is a relatively new, challenging topic for ASML, you have leadership capabilities and are able to define the right research question. You are able to define research proposals for and collaborate with relevant academic institutes.
- PhD / Post-Doctoral researcher in Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning/Knowledge Representation, in particular in the direction of Knowledge Extraction and Natural Language Processing.
- M.Sc. in for instance Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in software development, strong coding skills in a.o. Python, Matlab and R.
- Ability to communicate complex technical andmathematical concepts in a clear and precise manner. Highly valued qualifications
- Experience working on practical Data-Science or Machine Learning applications based on real-world datasets related to knowledge extraction and building knowledge systems.
- Experience in handling, analyzing and visualizing complex, high-volume and high-dimensional data from various sources.
- You have a passion for Knowledge Representation & elicitation, Reasoning Systems, Natural Language Processing and Data-Science / Machine-Learning in general.
- You are willing to acquire lithography and other relevant domain knowledge.
- You are enthusiastic, a creative thinker and intrinsically motivated.
- You are self-propelling and can define the research direction.
- Experience with defining and monitoring research projects on academic institutes.
- Good & proactive communication in an international and multidisciplinary environment.
- You are goal-oriented with a flexible mindset.
- High personal ambition and drive.
- Willingness to learn the Dutch language if applicable.
Context of the position
This project is carried out at ASML Research. You will be a member of the Data-Science Research team. You will interact with your peer data scientists and experts from other disciplines, and build relations with relevant academic research institutes.
Research, Artificial Intelligence, Knowledge Representation and Elicitation, (Bayesian) reasoning systems, Natural Language Processing, Statistics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Semiconductors, Lithography.