19 days ago - req17021
YieldStar Upgrades Install Relocation Engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Other technical job categories
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
As an DUV YS UIR Engineer your home base will be Hillsboro Oregon, but you will be responsible to support upgrades, installations, and relocations across the US.As a CS YieldStar engineer you are responsible for pre-work, software actions, calibration, maintenance, upgrade, and overall performance of the YieldStar platform.Pre-work includes verifying machine configuration/status and moving tooling and parts to and from the work area.Hardware actions include replacement of parts including major subsystems, updating software, and bringing machines to an initialized state.Calibration and qualification work brings machines to factory and customer specifications.This will also include maturation of the YieldStar, and technical/non-technical support to ongoing and future work. You will be regularly expected to work with applications to further customer testing.
In conjunction with lithography production equipment, ASML has developed metrology equipment YieldStar (YS) to integrate with our existing lithography equipment to enhance the manufacturing capabilities.The Hillsboro DUV YS Customer Support (CS) sector is responsible for the maintenance and continuous improvement of ASML photolithography scanners/metrology at customer locations worldwide. DUV YS Upgrades, Installs, and Relocation Engineers provide complex upgrade and repair support to customers and service engineers across the CS organization.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry.ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
The YS service engineer will provide escalation support including action plans, and competency knowledge. Your main responsibilities:
- Support customer in tool operation.
- Diagnose and monitor equipment issues and determine root cause, create / execute action plans & escalate as necessary.
- Execute periodic maintenance.
- Execute difficult and uncommon repairs.
- Provide beta test, project and coordination support.
- Review complex action plans upon request.
- Knowledge transfers to customer.
- Data analysis and help define improvement and monitoring plans with D&E.
- Develop and implement best known methods on necessary topics.
- Improve service mix and structural issue documentation including initiation, review and improvement rollout.
- Collect required design / performance improvements and feedback to D&E.
Specifics may include:
- Upgrade, repair, and support ASML YS machines at customer’s locations, including equipment with new features.
- Unload components, inspect for damage, assemble, align and test.
- Analyze applicability, accuracy and adherence to design specifications. Recommend design changes or substitution of materials when appropriate.
- Evaluate and diagnose problems and make appropriate repairs.Work with co-workers, customer & field support in isolating and solving problems.
- Perform duties according to procedures and work instructions and provide accurate and timely information via written and verbal communication to project members.
- Be responsible for tracking and driving own skills development and personal growth.
- Participate in and contribute to upgrade team meetings, shared learnings, and continuous improvements.
- The Engineer will be based out of Hillsboro, but deployable worldwide for support.
- Able to work any shift, including nights and weekends.
- Up to 80% travel.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Technology, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 0-2 years of experience in the semiconductor industry and/or working on Electronic, Mechatronic systems.
- Experience in a challenging environment with high tech products and complex processes.
- Extended knowledge of ASML products.
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership & accountability and delivers on commitments.
- Lead, motivate, inspire and influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of ASML and its customers.
- Ability to build and extend trust.
- High level of personal ownership, initiative and drive.
- Value cultural differences and respect different cultures and ways of working.
- Motivated, pro-active, and self-driven.
- Strong technical, analytical and hands-on skills.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communications skills.
- Strong process orientation with the ability to clearly document and share information.
- Ability to perform effectively in environments with frequently changing workload and competing demands.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Must take ownership for solving issues and ensures escalations take place.
- Take proactive actions for prevention or repeating error.
- Capable of resolving most issues without assistance & highly independent in a shift position.
- Ability to make decisions in the priority of problem solving.
- Work unsupervised and be responsible for projects, track equipment performance and prepare technical reports.
- Document knowledge systematically and in an accessible way. Clear and effective communication skills required.
- Ability to thrive in a very dynamic and high pace environment.
- Multi-task team player with good ability to work under different working environment pressures.
- Open for cultural differences and able to work with a site of different cultures and WOW.
- Verbal and written language skills in English.
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Travel 80% continentally with occasional WW travel to support other regions as needed.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability