27 days ago - req1716
Electrical Actuator Design Engineer
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & Development
Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical engineering
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
The electrical actuator design engineer is a mechanical engineer or electromechanical engineer who works in a cross functional environment that includes mechatronics, electrical and supply chain engineering.The design engineer is responsible to create manufacturable coil and magnets design that meets all performance requirements that includes but not limited to: electromagnetics field requirements, coil sizes and insulation requirements, locations, number of wire turns, magnet sizes and materials.The design also needs to incorporate other constraints such as thermal, dynamics, volume, stress, cleanliness, etc., through analysis and prototypes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related preferred
- 2+ years Mechanical Engineering experience
- 2+ years Technical Product Documentation (TPD);including drawings and Bill of Materials (BOM)
- 2+ years FEA, thermal, stress, tolerance, fluid flow, vibration analyses
- Motor Design (Brushless Motor or Lorentz Motor)
- Magnet Design, Coil Design, Vacuum Design, back iron design, electrical lamination design
- Familiar with basic machining methods and fasteners
- Cleanroom compatible
- Cable design, printed circuit board (PCB design), flex cable design, thermal sensor design
- Familiar with Design for Manufacturing principals
- Familiar with additive manufacturing, laser welding, brazing, etching, diffusion bonding, adhesives
- Familiar with electromagnetics and controls
- Familiar with basic Electrical Engineering terminology
- Familiar with International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) specs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work well with international cross sector ASML team and suppliers.
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer.