29 days ago - req17173
Infrastructure Support Engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other technical job categories
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
As an Infra Support Engineer you are the point of contact for the ASML Customer Support application/infra user community (when the knowledge base and key users cannot support them). While continuously expanding your general knowledge and expertise on our total support portfolio, you either resolve issues immediately or you escalate to an expert within our team or to other service providers. In addition, you will also be responsible to execute one or more expert roles.
Our department covers worldwide functional support (24x5hr) for all off-scanner Applications and Infrastructure. These are used by the Customer Support (CS) work force while performing their job in serving our Customer needs. Our mission is to facilitate and improve the productivity for the users of the before mentioned applications and infrastructure in order to meet ASML’s obligations.
We are located in Asia, US and Europe.We work together by means of knowledge bases (Wiki), key users, a call management system (Service Now), and work instructions. We maintain closerelationships with the key user organizations, internal suppliers and project organizations to drive the sustainability and availability of CS used off-system applications (e.g. Coach, Maintenance Manager) and technical infrastructure (e.g. BRES, EPS), and will offer CS users functional support, process escalations, and will drive issues to closure, freeing the CS engineer to perform the invaluable task of pleasing our customers.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry.ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
This position has flexibility to work out of our Wilton, CT or Chandler, AZ or Hillsboro, OR offices.Your main responsibilities are to ensure that support calls are picked up and handled to the satisfaction of our end-users and within given KPI’s, to update the knowledge bases, participate in user acceptance tests and to administrate support requests in Service Now. Working hours need to fit the time window for which the USA team is responsible. To cover our support responsibilities, participation in a ‘standby’ duty schedule might be part of the job.
Within the scope of our team responsibility, as a generalist, you:
- Answer questions of CS engineers.
- Prioritize, diagnose, solve and/or escalate issues.
- Follow up with CS engineers to ensure that issues have been resolved.
- Interface with application experts, business application owners and service providers (e.g. IT, development).
- Administrate call progress in Service Now.
- Align with CS engineers through a series of actions (mainly by email/telephone/MS TEAMS).
- Support the roll-out of new/changed applications.
- Establish a good working relationship with CS engineers (especially within your continent).
- Train users.
- Execute functional maintenance tasks.
- Document internal procedures and work instructions.
- Participate in the emergency phone system duty schedule.
- Will perform the needed travel for training (giving/receiving), aligning, executing work at local office or customers premises.
Within the scope of our team responsibility, as an expert role, in addition to the above, you:
- Gather CS requirements (that are input for the CS roadmaps and projects).
- Align with CS local offices and local CS management, including making arrangements on beta-testing (e.g. User Acceptance Tests).
- Test and roll-out improvements.
- Participate in projects that develop new and/or affect existing functionality. Your primary responsibility is to provide the knowledge on the CS way of working and the functional support needs such that the project results will seamlessness integrate with the needs of the users. Your input will safeguard our team requirements with respect to serviceability and maintainability of the application/infrastructure.
Position requires a bachelor degree in an engineering field or equivalent experience.
- Analytical trouble shooting abilities.
- 2 years or more experience working in an application support role in an international setting, preferably in a high tech industry with worldwide coverage.
- Knowledge of the ASML way of working in general and the CS way of working specifically is of added value to this position.
- Knowledge of business information systems as used by CS or able obtain that knowledge quickly.
- Strong communication skills in English (both verbal and written).
- Driven, analytical and a team player.
- Customer focused, service, support and result driven.
- Capable of dealing with a very broad range of (technical) subjects.
- Ability to switch to from ‘firefighting’ to ‘helicopter view’ easily.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Able to drive, steer and convince others (influencing without power).
- Able to write clear requirement specifications and application documentation.
- Able to build strong networks.
- Cultural awareness.
- Ability to quickly master the business context of automation tools.
- Willingness to travel (both foreign and domestic), can be ~25% of the time.
- Flexibility in work hours to secure worldwide coverage/support.
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations, as well as transferring all relevant knowledge and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in their production process.
The CS Infrastructure Support, Infra Support Engineer US reports to the Team Leader CS Infrastructure Support USA. Our team is part of the CS Engineering department and we have people located in Veldhoven (HQ and EMEA support), Taiwan/S Korea (APAC support), and the USA (AMER support).
- This position will include travel (~25%) e.g. for training, alignment and roll-out purposes. Drivers licensee and Passport required.
- In the (near) future our department might expand the 24x5hr coverage to 24x7hr coverage.
- Position may require the ability to support shift based working schedules.
- Position will require periodic/planned on-call standby service for the weekends.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability