30+ days ago - req17136
Senior Architect Equipment Data Management
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
For ASML data is an asset which has an increasing business value and which we need to protect and properly manage. Therefore managing our data assets (quality, definitions, owners, change control) becomes increasingly important within ASML. An ASML data policy has been defined which clarifies the way ASML plans to handle its data assets in relation to its customers.
Context of the position
The mission of the Data Governance group within D&E software is to define and drive a collection of practices and processes which help to ensure the formal management of data assets for ASML equipment as well as the implementation of the data policy. This includes defining required roles, required applications, required governance structures. The Data Governance group is currently in a start-up phase and focuses on topics like data quality, data change control board, data catalog and data classifications, supporting the data policy implementation and other equipment data related topics.In this position you will report to the Group Lead Data Governance.
As Senior Architect Equipment Data Management you are responsible to set up, manage and guard the required architecture for proper change control on data that is generated by ASML equipment.
You will restructure existing change control boards as needed and act as chairman. You will continuously drive for improving the control on changes to (and the value of) equipment data in line with agreements and in such a way that our customers are informed timely and sufficiently.
If needed you will actively define and lead the required changes to adopt existing agreements, ways of working and processes. To achieve this you will involve the right expertise from other architects and data experts, engage and motivate people to do the required change management and successfully bring data change control to a higher maturity level.
- Lead and continuously improve change control boards and processes for data that is generated by ASML equipment
- Ensure an architecture is in place in which changes to equipment data and metadata do not unexpectedly impact the functioning of our equipment and are timely communicated to stakeholders (customers and ASML internal departments and users)
- Seek for best practices on data change control and data management and innovate accordingly
- Embed equipment data change control and data management in existing processes (e.g. software development process)
- Continuously look for architectural improvements for equipment data management
- Lead/participate in related data technical competences
- Master degree in field of Technology, IT or Business
- Data management architecture and process experience and knowledge
- Preferably knowledge of Data Management Body Of Knowledge (DMBOK) or comparable
- Knowledge on data management change control processes, including data quality frameworks and standards
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in high-tech environment (or comparable complex R&D environment) in the field of data architecture, data definitions, data management processes and data management
- Experience in data related projects (big data analytics, data quality,data governance or comparable) is a must.
- Knowledge of data structures and modeling
- Act decisively
- Can deal with resistance and manage criticism
- Hands-on mentality
- Show critical sense
- Take responsibility
- Helicopter view
- Build relationships at different levels
- Check and maintain quality
- Organize & Delegate
- Demonstrate flexibility
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.