24 days ago - req17229
FLEX Senior Software Test Engineer (LabView)
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
As a member of the engineering team, supports research & development and manufacturing operations in the development of tests for modules, sub-systems, and the fully integrated system.Defines, designs, implements, and maintains engineering and manufacturing automated test equipment, test strategies, test software and specifications for sub-assemblies and complete systems.These are electrical, electromechanical and optical in nature.Designs and/or selects test equipment capable of implementing the tests and includes designing for real-time embedded programming of FPGA devices (such as LabVIEW Realtime using National Instruments sbRIO devices).Troubleshoots product and test equipment and qualifies test process and equipment.Completes test software requirements, specifications, designs and procedures for new products.Plans the development, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices.This includes working with outsourced design partners and reviewing and managing their projects.Releases these tests in a controlled environment and transfers knowledge to users.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and performs a wide variety of electrical, optical and mechanical test processes.
- Defines test requirements and specifications based upon design documents and user requests.
- Develop automated (LabView, Test Stand, Matlab & Python) test code to control our laser operating conditions and analyze data according to test requirements and specifications.
- Assists other test engineers for best common solutions.
- Produces clear, concise documentation in defined Cymer formats.
- Demonstrates the test equipment and process meets the requirements through verification testing.
- Validates test equipment design ideas by calculating stack up tolerances, providing analysis of options.
- Sets up standard optical table and diagnostic equipment according to general instructions.
- Troubleshoots and isolates problems in laboratory equipment.
- Uses sophisticated computer programs and diagnostic equipment to test laser performance according to descriptive instructions.
- Performs optical alignment of laser systems or external diagnostic equipment based upon general instructions.
- May be assigned to a special project, such as instrument construction and alignment, working under descriptive instructions
- Responsible for Lab safe operation.
- Collects data, analyzes it, summarizes results, and prepares presentation of results for review.
- Gathers information from drawings, specifications and design engineers necessary to develop tests and documentation.
- Hold design reviews for applications developed.
- Participates in acceptance testing the design.
- Compiles test data to demonstrate the test equipment built meets the specified requirements.
- Interfaces with system software engineers, optical engineers, algorithm and controls engineers to ensure successful software and hardware integration.
- Writes test procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- B.S. Degree in Electronics, Computer Science, Optics or Physical Sciences.
- Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job.
- Minimum of 8+ years of directly related experience is required.
- Develops test software.
- Must have strong design and development skills within LabVIEW, LabVIEW Real-Time, LV Test Stand and Matlab.
- Ability to design data acquisition & processing applications with software such as LabVIEW, LabVIEW Real-Time, LV Test Stand and Matlab.
- Performs data collection, statistical analysis, and report summarization.Effectively reports problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Proficient at designing and running tests to evaluate power distribution, digital, analog and serial signals, and optical beam parameters.
- Understanding of manufacturing test, including how and what to test for production and engineering design verification.
- Proficient in reading and creating electrical schematics and using manufacturers’ product cut sheets to select components to purchase.
- Ability to calculate voltage drops, tolerance stack up, acceptance criteria, fusing, cable and connector requirements.
- Ability to apply algebra, geometry, and statistics skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Requires the ability to utilize standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, signal generators and power meters with no direction.
- Requires the ability to use optical measurement devices such as spectrometers, spectrophotometers, imaging setups, and the etc on a routine basis.
- Knowledge of LASERs (knowledge of excimer laser operation preferred).
- Requires the ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, maintenance manuals and engineering sketches.
- Ability to use routine software applications such as MS Word and MS Excel to produce reports and graphs is required.
- Preferred experience in analog or digital technology and optics.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, CAD Drawing (ORCAD, AUTOCAD, and/or Visio), and electronic e-mail systems.
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions.
- Ability to write notes in a laboratory journal listing daily activities and write weekly report summarizing accomplishments.
- Possesses excellent English oral presentation skills and be able to effectively present results in a team meeting.
Context of the position
The test engineering position is within the Test Engineering team within the Product Development Group.This essential position works with each of the development teams, such as Systems Engineering, Optics Engineering, Controls and Software Engineering, and is responsible for ensuring product designs meet our requirements and specifications.This work is fast paced and very dynamic.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- May work in an electronics laboratory or clean room environment in full gown, hood and gloves, where the noise level may be high.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be capable of working in the lab at floor level to 8 feet high with appropriate ladder.
Please Note:This is a FLEX Role. At ASML, FLEX means temporary/contractor (non-employee) role.Length of the FLEX period varies across roles and teams.If hired, you would be payrolled through our payrolling vendor who would be your employer of record, while you worked for ASML.Based on performance and budget/headcount approval, when possible, we convert strong performing FLEX that represent a good technical and cultural fit to the role, team and ASML.There is no guarantee regarding potential conversion to a FTE (employee) role.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/DisabilityRequisition will NOT be posted