18 days ago - req17270
Release Train Engineer - EUV Projection
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Optical engineering, Physics
ASML is relentlessly driving the semiconductor industry’s ongoing quest for producing faster, smarter and more energy efficient chips. We are a young, dynamic, international and highly skilled workforce creating, with strong support of our suppliers, the lithographic tools the industry needs to achieve its goals.
We are looking for a Release Train Engineer (RTE) that takes the challenge to lead the Agile Release Train (ART) for the Projection function in the EUV scanners.
You will be part of the EUV projection group responsible to transfer and de-magnify the reticle image onto the wafer in the EUV scanners by means of advanced optical manipulations and corrections.
As RTE in the EUV Projection group you will be leading and facilitating a multi-disciplinary scaled Agile release train responsible for multiple projection deliverables in various products and programs.
The RTE leads the train and heads the team of scrum masters of the various teams in the train. Together you ensure that rituals are facilitated, the maturity of the team and train are improved and potential roadblock to secure flow of the deliverables are tackled.
Skillset: Team building, planning and organizational skills, people focus, drive to learn and improve.
- Ensures timely delivery of committed items by the ART by removing impediments and managing dependencies
- Setting up, coordinating and facilitating agile rituals like PI events and scrum of scrums thereby creating transparency and alignment on ART status
- Optimize flow by tracking, reporting, measuring ART performance, managing risks, maintaining ART integration cadence and installing continuous delivery
- Provide analyses of the effectiveness of rituals inside the ART, evaluate bottlenecks and advice and support implementation regarding improvements in ART rituals
- Minimize blockers for ART progress by managing and mitigating the risks
- Be an escalation level for scrum masters on the ART
- Represent ART performance (eg. predictability, efficiency, employee engagement) and improvements on invitation in the 3-in-a-box meeting
- Ritual management: prepare, plan rituals, include ritual in PI plans, facilitate ritual
- Learning: stimulate and facilitate incremental learning including the follow up
- Team building: lead, build and support the teams to become high performing
- Creates transparency and alignment in the train on speed, quality of the deliverables and work happiness
- Supplier and sector ritual management
MSc or PhD in engineering, physics, or mathematics, preferably with knowledge of optical systems.
- Coaching on agile practices and behavior for everybody on the ART
- Motivator for the ART
- Encourage train level thinking and prevent sub-optimization
- Acts as a servant leader and escalation level for the scrum masters
- Be present in train and team events
- Awareness on content/technical level to keep the train on track
- Drive continuous improvement of the ART
- Ensure alignment with other release train engineers
- Ensures focus is kept aligned with train priorities and keeps the teams from getting distracted
- Challenge the ART in view of the Agile Key Performance indicators (KPIs) to improve efficiency
- Ensures awareness and collaboration of team and train dependencies
- Affinity or experience with Agile working and development of optical systems
- Program Increment plan (upcoming quarter program plan with dependencies and integrations) and Program Increment assessment (looking back what went well and what must be improved)
- Track status of SMART objectives on ART level
- Up-to-date Risks and impediments sheet
- Transparency on train performance e.g. progress reporting, agile metrics, etc.
- Improvement actions from Inspect & Adapt sessions
- Team structure, team performance review, team staffing and competence needs
The following personal skills are crucial to a successful execution:
- Ability to think on a functional and multi-disciplinary level
- Ability to integrate functions in complex systems
- Ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions, ability to convey these in an understandable fashion
- Team player with coaching skills and ability to build a team and a network
- Facilitation skills to bring alignment and have the teams collaborate in a cadence
- Self-propelling, showing initiative and drive
- Flexible, result driven and committed
- Good analytical skills and drive for quality
Context of the position
Within ASML, the Sector Development and Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the planning, development, and delivery of integrated solutions that meet business requirements. This responsibility also includes the specification of trade-offs across sectors.
The department DE EUV Optical Column is responsible for delivery of the projection, illumination, dose control, and EUV light collection functions for EUV. The department supplies resources, means and methods and technology to ensure these deliveries in all the different product phases.
The holder of this position is reporting to the ED EUV DE OC Projection Group Leader.