20 days ago - req17297
Senior Software Design Engineer (C++)
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
ASML is leading in the worldwide development, production and sales of high end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. Worldwide over 20.000 people work at ASML, with important settlings in the United States, Asia and the head office in Veldhoven. The employees of ASML share the passion for technology with a customer focus. At ASML one works ongoing for the further development and implementation of complex and high-quality technological systems. Working at ASML is therefore challenging and extremely dynamic. To remain successful the company has ambitious objectives and high standard requirements.
Within ASML, the sector Development and Engineering is responsible for the specification, design, integration, qualification, and sustaining of all ASML products.
We are currently looking to expand our Tin Mitigation and Machine Control group within the EUV Source department with a Senior Software Design Engineer.
You are ambitious and determined to make things work. You’re eager to contribute to one of the core functions of our EUV machines by working on how our EUV Source System Control is coordinating all sub-systems and on how operators actuate the Source system.
You are happy to collaborate with users on the design of the functionality you are in charge of and on how they would like the system to work.
You are motivated to collaborate with other system functions to align on the overall machine control design for the Source system.
You are capable of understanding and explaining complex challenges and you can guide your colleagues in the implementation of the smaller parts that you identified.
You take pride in writing clean, high quality and maintainable OO code, mainly in C++, and you are familiar with MDE concept and tools.
As part of the Source Machine Control group you will be acting as a Senior SW engineer within an Agile team where responsibilities and roles are distributed. With the rest of the team, you will be responsible of aligning with all other SW competences and extra stakeholders, so that control mechanisms and requirements are clear. You will also be in charge of the design process, aiming at features that are easy to implement and maintain. And finally you will directly contribute to implementation and testing tasks, so that project deliverables can be met. As a senior engineer you are expected to take a leading role and involve actively more junior profiles in reaching the agreed milestones while developing their full potential.
The principal technologies used by the team are C++, Python, object oriented design and Model Driven Engineering. These are completed by an improvement oriented attitude, stressed by the continuous drive to keep our stakeholders satisfied while enhancing our way or working.
Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or equivalent.
- Between 2-8 years of experience in large-scale software applications.
- Experience with deriving software requirements from functional designs.
- Experience with software decomposition
- Experience with leading roles in a SW team.
- Key competencies for this role are Unix/Linux, C++, Python, UML, Model Driven Engineering, troubleshooting. Java and QT experience is a plus.
- Solid software engineering knowledge: UML, OOP, design patterns, interface based design.
- Experience in an Agile environment using SAFe/Scrum and seeking relentless improvement in your way of working.
- Familiar with large SW base and tools like GIT or SVN and with continuous integration tools and concepts.
- Knowledgeable in testing processes (e.g. Unit testing, Robot Framework).
- Experience with Model Driven Engineering would be advantageous.
- You are seeking to work in a challenging department.
- You are quality-driven and you are looking for an environment where your technical skills will be enhanced and your ideas will be put to the test.
- You are not afraid to debate technical aspects within the team because you know that we will always choose the best solution.
- You are a team player, and you gain energy by cooperating & mentoring colleagues to tackle complex design challenges together.
- You want to be a part of a dynamic and challenging environment that leaves no room for errors in the live environment.
- You are passionate about technology and you would like be a part of our teams who are building large scale applications for large machines which in their turn, have a global impact.
- You are proactive and independent and do not need constant supervision in order to do the right thing.
Context of the position
These vacancy is available in the EUV Tin Mitigation and Machine Control group that is part of the Source Embedded Software cluster department of ASML's business function Development & Engineering – Software.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
These positions require access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.