17 days ago - req17344
Agile Scrum Master
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other corporate functions
Other job categories, Mechanical engineering
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
We are looking for a certified SAFe scrum master to help lead multiple software and hardware teams in our Agile transformation journey.Join Cymer/ASML and you will be joining a team that operates in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative and challenging environment to create new-to-industry solutions with rapid productization to support an aggressive commercialization plan for the EUV technology within ASML.
You will work with many different engineers from software architects and developers to mechanical and electrical engineers and architects. You will be instrumental in supporting the adoption of Agile methods by a variety of multidisciplinary project teams. You will also provide mentoring and coaching to internal scrum masters and product owners. Helping product owners and project teams to define succinct actionable epics and stories with clear definitions of done and then working with them to plan out corresponding program intervals and sprints is a key part of the job.
Come and join our journey and you will be challenged and rewarded as you work alongside a group of talented, passionate and fun-loving engineers. You can tell your friends –I work on semiconductor lithography machines that allow the printing offiner features for the next generation of chips that power the innovations in the worldtoday.
- Be a technical expert and spokesperson for Agile
- Provide scrum master support to multiple project teams through daily standups, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, sprint and PI demos, etc.
- Be able to help product owners and project teams break work down into Epics and Stories with a clear definition of done (DoD) for each
- Provide scrum master and product owner coaching to other engineers
- Form part of the leadership team for Program Increment Planning Events
- Support an Agile community of practice
- Maintain Epics and Stories in Jira and generate metrics and reports for associated scrum teams
- Knowledge of ASML product generation process (PGP) and how to map that process into SAFe Agile
- Participates in the screening and selection of team members and in the mentoring ofnew team members.
- Some travel required
Requires Minimum of BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related Eng/Science fields.MS or Ph.D in relevant field is a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years in a technical role and 3 years working as a certified scrum master
- Certification and experience with SAFe Agile and certification in as either a SAFe Agilist or a SAFe Program consultant is a plus
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Ability to follow a Product Development Process that includes elements of planning, estimation, gathering and analyzing requirements, developing concepts and designs, implementation, developing and executing test plans’ and engaging in work product reviews.
- Ability to handle aggressive deadlines with agility and results driven approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with other team members as well as individuals in other disciplines and organizations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability