19 days ago - req17305
Data Analytics Manager at Customer Support
In a nutshell
As a Data Analytics Manager, you will be responsible for the vision, development and management of a high performing and technical analytics team. You will optimize team performance by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to provide data-driven solutions to complex strategic and tactical challenges. This is a highly collaborative role with operations, engineering, management, information technology, etc. You will combine problem-solving, data-analysis and technical skills to identify, quantify and solve business problems. You will lead and participate in a team that is constantly challenging the boundaries of what is possible. You will develop and improve individual capability of current and future ASML data scientists and data engineers. You will establish and monitor team performance metrics to identify and implement continual improvement opportunities. You will lead your team to generate algorithms, create computer models and test and validate models that are scalable for production.
Your team will discover and present business relevant “stories” to business stakeholders using data visualization methods. You will develop expert-level knowledge of ASML and use this knowledge to deliver prescriptive, actionable solutions to stakeholders. You will be responsible for conveying corporate business initiatives, providing direction thereof and driving a clear understanding of line of sight to department and corporate strategic objectives within your team. You will lead research in and keep up to date on the latest developments and trends in data analytics tools and techniques.
Build an Effective Data Analytics Team
• Develop a high performing team;
• Prioritize work, remove barriers and drive for accountability;
• Manage team staffing and succession;
• Distribute work and learning opportunities;
• Empower team members and promote teamwork;
• Provide line of sight to strategic objectives;
• Promote partnership across functional areas and customer groups;
• Recruit and/or build technical expertise in data analytics methods and applications;
• Empower and support conference/workshop attendance and ensure accountability to share and apply the learning.
Manage Data Analytics Applications and Support
• Influence and develop data analytics strategies and applications;
• Provide consultation on work execution and problem solving;
• Assist in the troubleshooting of escalated application issues and provide solutions and/or coaching for resolution;
• Promote and apply broad areas of mathematics, statistics, chemometrics, information science and computer science, including signal processing, probability models, machine learning, statistical learning, data mining, database, data engineering, pattern recognition and learning, visualization, predictive analytics, uncertainty modeling, data warehousing, data compression, computer programming, artificial intelligence and high performance computing;
• Lead research in and keep up to date on the latest developments and trends in data analytics tools and techniques.
Technical PhD or Masters Degree in Data Science/Statistics/Computer Science or Engineering.
• Proven management, leadership and mentoring experience;
• At least 5 years of technical experience in data analytics or statistics;
• Work experience in a similar role within an international and large company;
• Demonstrated problem-solving, data-analysis and technical skills to identify quantify and solve business problems;
• Ability to work collaboratively across an organization;
• Visionary and futuristic view of data science, big data analytics and their applications;
• Ability and experience presenting analytical findings and applications to peers, management and, at a non-technical level, to internal or external stakeholders (i.e., ability to identify the target audience and communicate appropriately);
• Knowledge and/or experience working with various databases, data query languages, big data solutions and reporting tools;
• Ability to set a roadmap for the data analytics ecosystem including infrastructure, team member development and latest data analysis/modeling techniques;
• Champion for best-in-class data analytics trends.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills;
• Able to deliver precise, meaningful results in a fast-paced, change-able and deadline-driven setting;
• Ability to bridge the gap between data analytics and business management;
• Ability to understand technology issues/constraints and apply a problem solving and data analytics mindset to overcome them;
• Must have an innovative mindset and ability to challenge his/her team to create innovative solutions;
• Must have a passion for making positive differences in people’s lives;
• Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
Context of the position
You will be working within our Customer Support department. With over 3000 employees worldwide, ASML Customer Support (CS) is the driving force to deliver world-class operations to its customers. Next to the maintenance of the customers’ installed base, CS is responsible for the execution of projects like new installations, upgrades and relocations of systems.